48

She broke through the water an instantly started gasping for air, it was like she'd been starved of breath for years. Two strong arms wrapped around her upper body and swam her to one of the big stands in the middle of the lake.

People were screaming and cheering their hearts out as Cedric was the first to come out of the water. More people were rushing to the ladder by the stand to pull the champion and his hostage from the icy lake.

Lee and Fred hauled Lexi from the lake and George held his arm out for Cedric who took it gladly. The two boys began fussing over Lexi and wrapping her in fluffy towels, asking her if she was alright—this is what she imagined she was like to Harry.

"I'm fine, I'm fine," she repeated.

Lexi looked around and right into Cedric's eyes, he immediately stepped forward to bring her into his embrace. Amber draped a towel over his shoulders from behind as her friends hugged.

"I'm so glad you're alright— no one had seen you since last nice— I was worried— didn't know what had happened— if you were okay—" he rambled on into her ear.

Rolling her eyes, Lexi pulled back and cut him off with her lips. Several people cheered around them and the couple grinned as they pulled apart.

"I'm fine, Ceddy," she smiled into his eyes, "You saved me."

Fleur was quick to come to their side, exclaiming how her sister was still out there and how she was glad they both got back but was extremely worried. Lexi assured her friend that Dumbledore said they wouldn't be left down there, but it did nothing to condole Fleur.

Another two people broke through the water's surface and everyone turned to see Viktor and Hermione swimming to the stand. Lexi was the one to pull Hermione up, taking one of the many towels from her shoulders and wrapping it around the younger girl.

Hermione thanked Lexi then turned back to Viktor a moment later as he tapped her shoulder.

Lexi was offered a warmer robe by Amber and gladly took it, Cedric was in a matching one and he fitted her into his warm embrace once more as they looked back out to the lake.

"Where is he?" she asked herself impatiently.

Cedric squeezed her and rubbed his hand over her back, "He'll be fine."

Another few minutes passed and it was well over the time limit now, people were worried—even the teachers. Suddenly, Ron appeared in the lake and with him was Gabrielle, Fleur screamed in relief and would've jumped back in the water to grab her sister had she not been held back by her headmistress.

"Where's Harry?!" Lexi asked Ron as soon as he was out of the water with them.

Ron shook his head, "Dunno, he wasn't with us."

This made the older sister fret more desperately, Cedric tried to calm her down but it wasn't working very well. Now she understood Fleur.

As if out of nowhere, Harry shot out of the lake and landed roughly on the stand. Lexi screamed like Fleur had and rushed to hug her little brother and smother him with blankets.

"I'm fine, I'm fine," he repeated, much like she had.

! GO CHECK OUT MY OTHER STORIES !

Don't forget to vote and comment <3