34

Alexis woke the next morning with puffy red eyes and tear stained cheeks, she immediately remembered the night before. A shower helped clean up her face and Lexi dressed in her uniform. Angelina was sitting on her bed when Lexi exited the bathroom.

"Alicia's downstairs," the older girl informed her with a skeptical look.

Lexi smiled softly, "I'm fine Ange, really!"

"I know you are!" Angelina defended herself.

The two girls smiled and walked down to their common room, as they exited the girl's dorms, tension increased. The students all looked at Lexi as if they were afraid. She couldn't have this.

George and Fred joined the sixth year girls, but Lexi knew she had to do something else first.

"Hey," she got their attention, "I'll meet you guys down there."

Her friends didn't have time to object as Lexi escaped through the door to the boy's dormitories. Lexi found Ron and Harry pulling on their robes when she opened their door.

Both boys looked up at her appearance, Harry froze, Ron coughed awkwardly and grabbed his bag, passing Lexi on his way out.

"Morning, Ron," she said softly.

"Uh-morning."

Ron left the Potter's alone, an uncomfortable silence falling over them. Alexis moved out of the doorway and closer to Harry who still hadn't moved and wouldn't meet her eyes.

"I'm not mad at you, Harry," she used a quiet voice that told him the truth, "I'm a tad upset, but I'm not mad."

Harry looked up at her, they were a few feet apart, "Why? I said horrible things to you! You didn't— don't deserve that!"

Lexi smiled at him, "I'm glad you think I don't deserve that, but I said some pretty mean things too. Just tell me what's goin on."

Sitting on the bed and letting out a frustrated sigh, Harry motioned for Lexi to sit next to him, she did.

"I don't really know...? I've been getting all this pressure since the start of the year and when you wouldn't tell me something so simple— I guess I just got upset because it was so small?"

Lexi sighed too, "I guess I could have done better, I should have told you when you asked." She grabbed his hand, "No one's pressuring you Harry, you were forced into this, no one says you have to win."

"It-it's just hard, y'know?" he looked up.

Nodding, Lexi met his eyes so identical to her own, "I know."

"I'm r-really sorry!" Harry's voice cracked.

Lexi pulled Harry into a tight hug and they stayed like that for a minute or two, "I'm sorry too."

When they pulled apart, Harry looked considerably lighter, he smirked at his sister, "So, what did happen with Cedric?"

The girl let out a bark of laughter and ruffled Harry's hair, "Well I guess I gotta tell you now, aye? Um, well, when I went to wish him luck before he went on yesterday... we kissed."

Harry's mouth popped open, "Just like that?"

Lexi laughed again, "Yeah, just like that."

"What about Madam Pomfrey then?"

"When I visited him after he got the egg, I kissed him and she caught us, effectively kicking me out of the tent at the same time." Lexi smiled.

Harry continued to laugh at his sister, then his face straightened, "I'm going to have to talk to Cedric."

"No! no, Harry, please don't!" Lexi pleaded with her younger brother.

"My sister's best friend just kissed her, twice! And as your family, I'm going to have to give him the talk." Harry acted all serious.

Alexis decided to laugh it off, "Alright, tough guy, let's go get breakfast."

The tension dissolved as everyone watched the Potter siblings leave the common room with wide grins and laughter, not looking at anyone's faces.

My sister moved out yesterday :,( first time in my life I'll be without her for more than 2 and a half weeks  D:  

Don't forget to vote and comment <3