14

From their position at the top of the lawns overlooking the grounds, they had a clear view of the smooth black surface of the water. But the water was rippling and a long, black pole began to rise slowly out of the heart of the whirlpool...and then they saw the rigging...

"It's a ship!" Lexi exclaimed to Cedric as she grabbed onto his arm and pointed, he chuckled.

Slowly, magnificently, the ship rose out of the water, gleaming in the moonlight. It was incredible! All of the people disembarking were seen as silhouettes passing the lights in the ship's portholes. All of them looked to be big and strong.

"Dumbledore!" the Headmaster called heartily as he walked up the slope. "How are you, my dear fellow, how are you?"

"Blooming, thank you, Professor Karkaroff," Dumbledore replied.

"Dear old Hogwarts," he said, looking up at the castle. "How good it is to be here, how good... Viktor, come along, into the warmth... you don't mind, Dumbledore? Viktor has a slight head cold..."

Karkaroff beckoned forward one of his students. As the boy passed, the Hogwarts students, he looked vaguely familiar to Lexi. He stepped into the light and whispers erupted about both Hogwarts and Beauxbatons—though the latter was much quieter than Ron seemed to be.

"Harry - it's Krum!" he said—not at all whispering.

As the student of the three schools sat down at the tables in the great hall, the men from Durmstrang chose to sit with the Slytherins and the Beauxbatons with the Ravenclaws.

Lexi was sat with the twins and Lee across from the girls and just down a bit from her brother. Facing with her back to the Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw tables, Lexi had a nice view of the Slytherins and Durmstrang students.

Dumbledore started the feast and everyone began eating and chatting. Twenty minutes later, Hagrid sat down at the teachers table and Harry called out across the hall to him asking about the skrewts they were studying in Care of Magical Creatures.

Lexi laughed at her brother and so did some other people. Straight after that, a familiar voice said from behind Harry, "Excuse me, are you wanting ze bouillabaisse?"

The older Potter girl whipped around to face the Beauxbatons girl down the table, as did her younger brother and his friends.

"FLEUR!" Alexis screamed—not giving a damn about anyone else's eardrums or attention.

The silver-blonde haired girl turned away from Ron and Harry and towards Lexi, her eyes widened in recognition, "Alexis!" she gasped happily.

Don't forget to vote and comment <3