37

It was a week later and half the school was in a rush to find a partner before all 'the good ones' were gone, as Fred had said. Lee had in fact asked Alicia who had of course accepted like Lexi knew she would. Fred had gone to asking Angelina during their study session in the great hall, she'd said yes too.

George hadn't been interested in asking anyone really, but he'd suggested to Katie that they should go together as a joke, but she'd agreed and now they were going as 'friends'.

Hermione had—not—surprisingly been asked to the ball by Viktor Krum and all the girls were thrilled for her. Lexi suspected she wanted to go with Ron, but he'd taken too long and Viktor had asked first.

Ginny too had been asked but by Neville, Lexi knew she wanted to go with Harry but Lexi's brother was too darn blind for his own good and he had glasses! Ginny wouldn't have been able to go to the ball any other way so she'd accepted to go with Neville as friends.

Lexi had been asked out multiple times by many boys, but she'd rejected them all, let's just say that she was waiting on someone else. Cormac McLaggen had even gone as far as to ask her fourtimes! Actually, she and Cedric had spent most of these days laughing at the proposals everyone was making and all the rejections happening.

Cedric had also been asked out more than twice, including once by Cho Chang, Lexi knew that girl liked Cedric! He had also refused to go with any of the girls who asked, when Lexi asked why, he just replied with 'have someone else in mind'.

At the current moment, the pair were sitting in the courtyard with the twins, Lee, Angelina, Alicia, Amber and surprisingly, Ginny. Lexi was lying in Cedric's arms as they were all on the floor and he leant against the wall. His arms were fitted around her waist as she played with her wand, using it to levitate leaves and sticks onto Lee's head—who was totally oblivious.

Ginny was talking avidly with Angelina about quidditch next year, Alicia and Amber were discussing something they'd heard earlier in the girls lavatories. The twins and Lee were whispering about something, although George was doing his very best not to laugh and kept glancing at Lexi with a grin, she just winked.

Cedric was admiring Alexis, smiling to himself, he couldn't take his eyes off her face when she looked back at him, proud of how she'd balanced yet another thing on Lee's head. They still hadn't discussed what they were and it was sort of bugging him.

The older boy leant down so his mouth was beside her ear, "Hey..."

Lexi shivered and smiled, whispering back, "Hi."

"Do you want to go to the ball with me?" he went for it just like that.

Lexi's body froze and her concentration came undone as the stick she was floating mid air dropped on Lee's head and all her work came undone over him.

"Wha— HEY!"

But she didn't pay attention to Lee nor the rest of the group who had turned to the scene. Lexi spun around in Cedric's arms and looked the grinning boy straight in the eyes.

"Are you serious?!"

Everyone turned to the pair at Lexi's sudden movement, Lee was still trying to get her attention, complaining about his hair.

Cedric nodded, "Yeah."

"YES!" Lexi screamed as she surged forward to hug Cedric so hard the pair could barely breath.

The girls of their group cheered and the boys just looked at them wide-eyed like they'd missed a whole chapter of the book.

The Gryffindor and Hufflepuff broke apart a couple of minutes later both laughing, Lexi's of happiness and Cedric's of relief.

"Just to clarify," he said, holding her shoulders as they knelt on the ground, "I meant, not as friends."

Lexi giggled, "Good thing that's how I took it!"

The pair hugged again, Fred looked around the group, "Did we miss something?!"

Cedric laughed with the girls, Ginny answered her brothers and their best friend, "You idiots! Cedric just asked Lexi to the ball!"

Lexi hid her face in said boy's neck as her friends all 'oh-ed' at the new information.

George was the first to speak, "Finally! You guys have been making heart eyes at each other for weeks!"

The group laughed as Lexi flipped George off.

AAAAAHHHHH YESSSSS

Don't forget to vote and comment <3