09

"Lex!" Cedric called, "Hey, c'mere."

Lexi turned around when they were down the hall, and ran into Cedric's arms. He soothed her and helped her calm down.

"How could he do that!?" she nearly shrieked.

"I don't know, but I promise I won't let it happen again." He said to her.

They stood in silence for a minute, Cedric knew she didn't want to talk about it more.

"I've actually been meaning to talk to you all day..." he said instead.

Lexi laughed, grateful for something else to talk about, "Same here, but I haven't even seen you since last night!"

"Yeah, I guess that's the trouble with being in different houses," he laughed. "Anyway... the tournament?" Cedric prodded the conversation they both wanted to have.

"It's so stupid!" Lexi half shouted, "I'll be seventeen in January! Why can't I enter?"

The bell rung and they joined the crowds walking to dinner. Lexi reassured people from her class she was alright as they did.

Cedric chuckled, "I'll be able to enter, my birthday's in a week."

Lexi looked at him as if she didn't believe what he was saying, "I know that you twat! Did you really think I'd forget my best friend's birthday?"

"No... I was just saying that I'm gonna enter."

They were both looking ahead now, Lexi's arms around her books and Cedric's hand on his bag strap.

Lexi hesitated for a second, "Go for it," she managed after a moment.

Cedric faced her, surprised, "Really? No speech, no 'be careful'?"

Laughing, Lexi responded saying, "No... I'd be a hypocrite then wouldn't I? It would be silly for me to want to enter but then telling you not to... just... stay on top of it if you get chosen." The older boy smiled appreciatively, "I can't have my best friend dying on me now could I?"

They laughed and entered the entrance hall to find Harry, Ron and Draco Malfoy in a heated argument.

"Hold on," she said to Cedric with furrowed eyebrows as she handed him her books before moving to stand a meter away from the scene where people had crowded around the boys.

"–you were staying with them this summer, weren't you, Potter?" sneered Malfoy. "So tell me, is his mother really that porky, or is it just the picture?"

What. The. Hell.

Before Ron or Harry could reply, Alexis stood in front of them with her arms crossed over her chest and an intimidating expression on her face.

"Hey Malfoy! You know that expression your mother has, like she's got dung under her nose? Has she always looked like that, or was it just because you were with her?"

Everyone around them laughed and Draco turned pink.

"Don't you dare insult my mother, Potter."

"Keep your fat mouth shut, then," said Lexi, turning around and using her hands to turn a grinning Ron and Harry around, guiding them into dinner.

BANG!

Don't forget to vote and comment <3