45

As the night wore on, the smile on Lexi's face did not once disappear as she laughed the night away with her partner and friends. The twins had snapped so many pictures that their whole table was covered in moving photos of their friends and the 'happy couple'.

Cedric had led Lexi from the great hall only moments ago and they were now strolling outdoors, Cedric's coat wrapped over Lexi's shoulders.

"You said earlier that you had something to tell me about your godfathers...?" he was being cautious and Lexi knew that but she still tensed, he felt that in their linked hands.

"Y'know, you don't have to tell me, right? It's your choice."

Lexi smiled, "That's it, Ced, you know everything but this one thing about me. I want to tell you, I— I just don't know how you'll react."

There was a bench ahead of them that the older boy led them to, "I'm sure whatever it is, isn't that bad."

The Potter faced her best friend and took a deep breath, "Um, well, you know that Remus Lupin is my godfather, right?" Cedric nodded, "Yes, well, Harry has a godfather too, and to me he's like my father figure, so we count him as my godfather too..."

Cedric nodded and squeezed her hand in reassurance, so far, Lexi had not raised her eyes to meet Cedric's, but she did now.

"Sirius Black. He's Harry's godfather."

That was definitely not what he was expecting, Cedric's eyes widened and a look of confusion came over his face. Then it evened out and he squeezed her hand again.

"Okay... what do you mean?"

Lexi gave a small laugh, "I mean that Sirius Black was my father's best friend and they named him Harry's godfather. When my dad's old friend, Peter Pettigrew, betrayed them to Voldemort, Sirius went after him to kill him... but Peter caused a gas explosion and switched into his Animagus form—a rat—framing Sirius and sending him to Azkaban as the one who betrayed my parents.

"Now he's on the run ever since we helped him escape the dementors last year and... yeah."

Lexi, once again, could not look Cedric in the eyes, she just stared at their intertwined fingers with a small smile.

Cedric sat shocked for a moment before taking his free hand and lifting his date's face so they were looking in each other's eyes. Before he had the chance to speak however, she did so first.

"Do you believe the Prophet?"

The younger girl was searching his eyes. He could see how much this all meant to her.

"I believe you," he whispered before connecting their lips in a sweet kiss.

After they pulled apart, Lexi was smiling again, "So, it doesn't bother you...?"

Cedric laughed softly, eyes twinkling, "Not in the slightest, I can tell he means a lot to you."

"Thank you," she breathed out.

The pair hugged for a few moments and still had their arms wrapped around each other when Cedric spoke up.

"I like you, Lex."

He felt her smile against his shoulder, "I like you too, Ced."

"How do you feel about dropping the best friend title?"

Lexi pulled away from Cedric with a grin on her face, "I think it's about time!"

Don't forget to vote and comment <3