36

It was nearly a week later when Rita Skeeter published her next article on the back page of The Daily Prophet. The first half of it talked about Harry and how she'd caught him hugging Hermione, making it out to be more scandalous than it really was.

The last half of the article was about Alexis and Cedric, then Alexis and Harry. Somehow she'd found out about the "growing romance" between Lexi and Cedric and felt the need to inform her readers.

Then she'd received "insider information" of a fight between the Potter siblings, detailing how "Alexis is obviously still upset about her parent's death and quite clearly blames her younger brother for their murders."

It was utter and complete rubbish, Lexi made sure to tell everyone who thought otherwise so with a hex from her wand. Most of the school had heard what had happened by now but it had all hushed over pretty quickly when they heard what Lexi was doing.

Currently, all of the Gryffindors above third year were in an empty classroom per McGonagall's request. The boys and girls were separated onto either side of the room, Lexi was sat between Angelina and Alicia, right across from the twins, Lee and her brother.

"The Yule Ball is approaching—a traditional part of the Triwizard Tournament and an opportunity for us to socialize with our foreign guests. Now, the ball will be open only to fourth years and above—although you may invite a younger student if you wish –"

Some of the girls giggled shrilly, Lexi rolled her eyes and caught Fred's eye, the both of them supressing their own laughter.

"Dress robes will be worn," Professor McGonagall continued, "and the ball will start at eight o'clock on Christmas Day, finishing at midnight in the Great Hall. Now then -"

Professor McGonagall stared deliberately around the class.

"The Yule Ball is of course a chance for us all to - er - let our hair down," she said, in a disapproving voice. "But that does NOT mean, that we will be relaxing the standards of behaviour we expect from Hogwarts students. I will be most seriously displeased if a Gryffindor student embarrasses the school in any way."

Ron leant over to Harry and whispered something that made the pair laugh, he should have been more subtle about it because McGonagall was calling Ron up to stand with her.

Lexi laughed with the twins as McGonagall told him to place his hands on her waist.

"Where?!" Ron asked appalled.

Everyone laughed.

"On my waist!" McGonagall instructed again. The pair then proceeded to demonstrate the dance that will be performed. "Now, everyone find a partner and practice!"

Most of the girls jumped out of their seats, Lexi scoffed and rolled her eyes at their eagerness. The boys however took a little more convincing, soon enough though, everyone was on their feet and finding a partner.

Lexi walked straight towards the twins and Lee, most pairs were already starting their waltz. So, Lexi grabbed Lee's hand and the pair laughed their way to the dance floor.

"Any idea who you're asking?" Lexi asked Lee.

Lee blushed and looked at their feet, "Uhm, I was thinking of asking Alicia actually..."

Quietly cheering, Lexi smiled, "That's so cute! She'd love to! I know it."

Lee just smiled.

I just ADORE Lee and Lexi's relationship :))

Don't forget to comment and vote <3