12

It was only a few days before the Beauxbatons and Durmstrang delegations were planned to arrive. The sixth years were currently say in Defense Against the Dark Arts with Professor Moody.

Alexis sat next to Cedric, slightly squirming in her seat like she did every time they were in this class.

"Today I'll be putting the Imperius Curse on each of you, one at a time."

There was a rushed murmur of shock and confusion, Lexi looked worriedly at Cedric, he had the same expression on his face.

"Yes, Mr Jordan?" Moody called on Lee.

"I-uh, sir, you said they're illegal to perform on a person...?" Lee stuttered.

Moody huffed, "They very well are! But Dumbledore wants you taught what it feels like, if you'd be able to handle it when an attacker puts it on you unexpectedly. We're doing this to see how you react to its effects and demonstrate how powerful it is."

No one else asked any questions, they were each called up to the front of the class as their turn came to be cursed in a safe environment. Fred was made to jump on the teachers desk and sing the national anthem; Alicia did seven consecutive cartwheels around the room; Warrington attempted a handstand but fell on his face instead; Davies acted as a dog dragging his butt on the floor; and Cedric leapt from desk to desk like a gymnast.

But when it came for Lexi's turn, she merely walked to the front of the class with her head held high and no emotion on her face. She wouldn't let this man make a fool out of her.

"Imperio!"

A floating sensation overcame Lexi, but it did not faze her. She could hear a faint voice in her mind telling her to do something, but it was too small for her to properly hear.

Lexi stood, arms crossed, staring Moody down like a snake in tall grass, observing her prey. She couldn't tell whether or not she'd imagined Moody casting the curse, so she looked at him pointedly.

"Are you gonna do it, or...?"

Moody looked slightly shocked at the Potter girl, the class looked impressed. Soon, when no one had said anything, Lee shouted out.

"Lexi can throw off the curse!"

A round of applause rung through the class, Alexis smirked and walked back to her seat, getting congratulated by her friends as she did.

Why could she throw the curse off and not the others? There was nothing special about her, she was the older sister of The Boy Who Lived, sure. But that was it.

It would sure come in handy if something was to happen and she was opposed by an attacker, but that was it, right?

Don't forget to vote and comment <3