108

The day went fine, Cedric and Lexi got out of bed when they heard some footsteps running around the lower levels of the house. They watched throughout breakfast as everyone celebrated the day, laughing and having fun. They had people thanking them for their gifts, wishing them a merry christmas, and so on.

Cedric left just before midday as the Weasleys, Potters, and Hermione were going to visit Mr Weasley in St. Mungo's, and he didn't want to intrude. Stepping thorough he green flames of the Floo Network, he disappeared with a salute. That had been nearly an hour ago.

Not too long into their visit, Mrs Weasley became very stern and started scolding Mr Weasley for letting the Healers use muggle remedies on him. It became extremely awkward and the rest of them began leaving the room. Remus strolled away from the bed and over to the werewolf, who had no visitors and was looking rather wistfully at the crowd around Mr. Weasley; Bill muttered something about getting himself a cup of tea and Fred, George, and Lexi leapt up to accompany him, grinning.

The twins, Lexi, and Bill ended up wandering around the hospital historical section, where there were lists and pictures of the most incredible and nauseating diseases and illnesses from around the wizarding world.

When they thought it was finally clear to head back to the room, they did so to find the situation had died down. The three Weasleys joined their parents while Lexi joined Remus and introduced herself to the werewolf. They had a nice conversation and the man seemed to be much happier by the time they had to say goodbye.

Everyone finished Christmas night with a fine dinner and full stomachs, heading off to bed satisfied.

On the final day of the holidays, Lexi and Cedric had been spending it exploring one of England's many castle ruins. They had travelled through the Floo Network to a wizarding pub in North Yorkshire, from there they'd caught a cab to Fountains Abbey, a brilliant castle now as an attraction.

So, of course Lexi wasn't at the house when Professor Snape arrived to inform Harry that he would now be taking Occlumency lessons with him as per Dumbledore's request.

"Why can't you teach me?" Harry whined to her that night when she'd returned.

Alexis had learnt Occlumency in her second year as a choice extra-curricular, the professor who'd taught her and a number of other students who'd since left Hogwarts to pursue a quieter life. She'd maintained the mind technique ever since, even asking Anthony Goldstein to try and penetrate her mind with his inherited legilimency more than once.

"Because, Dumbledore has said you will practice with Snape, and you will. Dumbledore has his reasons," she replied as she packed somethings into her trunk.

"This is so unfair!" he groaned as he dramatically flopped backwards onto her bed. "He's going to torture me!"

"Harry, he's a professor, and in the Order," she looked at her brother seriously, "he's not going to hurt or torture you—on purpose, at least."

Harry grabbed one of the pillows and blindly threw it at his sister, scoring it right in her face. Lexi laughed and abruptly stopped her packing to tackle Harry on the bed, both of them play wrestling and laughing.

"If he does trouble you," she said when they calmed down, "tell me, I'll sort it out."

The younger boy smiled gratefully, "Thanks... I love you, Lex."

"Aw, I love you too, Haz."

Don't forget to vote and comment <3