107

The following morning was spent hanging Christmas decorations and singing obnoxiously to the record player as Lexi, George, and Sirius danced around the house. Multiple times through the day Lexi had to drag Harry downstairs to eat, she was afraid he'd starve himself if she didn't.

Around six o'clock in the evening the doorbell rang, Lexi ran to the front door to crash her body into Cedric's.

"Dumbledore told Hermione and I the first morning you lot went, but he said we had to wait for term to end officially before setting off. Umbridge is already livid that you lot disappeared right under her nose, even though Dumbledore told her Mr. Weasley was in St. Mungo's and he'd given you all permission to visit." Cedric informed her as she went onto wrap Hermione in her arms in a sisterly way.

Lexi's eyes were on Cedric as she nodded, "Harry's sulking upstairs," she told Hermione. She then took Cedric's hand and led him to the dining room, he put his trunk by the fireplace.

They sat at the end of the table, away from the adults who were conversing while Mrs Weasley prepared dinner. Some of them greeted Cedric as he came inside the room.

"How is he?" asked Cedric when he sat with his and Lexi's hands still connected.

The Gryffindor's brows furrowed slightly, "You might have to be more specific."

"Mr Weasley, of course. Who else?" Cedric's brows were furrowed too now.

Lexi sighed, "Well, to be completely honest, Harry's been acting off these past few days. 'M hoping Hermione can sort him out... Mr Weasley's healing... slowly. He'll be fine, gave us a right scare though."

"I can imagine..." Cedric smiled softly, "I can talk to Harry if you want...? Maybe it'll help?"

"I appreciate it, you can if you want, but I'm sure Hermione will have him alright."

Then, from the other end of the table, Mrs Weasley spoke up, "Staying for dinner, Cedric?"

He grinned, "If you've got enough for me!"

Everyone laughed lightly.

~

By Christmas morning, Harry was in a much better mood, Lexi was correct, Hermione had sorted him out. He'd also taken a chat with Cedric and come out of it much happier than before, though neither of them would tell her what they'd talked about.

Cedric had been spending numerous days at Grimmauld Place leading up to Christmas, not wanting to be away from his girlfriend. His parents didn't mind, "Ah, young love!" was all they'd said.

On Christmas morning, Lexi awoke to one present only (because she asked not to receive any), it was from Kreacher. It was a small box and a photo, the photo was of course of Regulus, but he was young, must've only been nine-years-old. In the photo was also Sirius, Narcissa, Andromeda, and Bellatrix. The oldest of the two Black sisters could only have been in second and third year, Sirius ten.

The photo isn't what Lexi would've expected of the five cousins, they were all laughing. Laughing at each other with the brightest smiles she'd seen from anyone in the Black family. This must've been taken before things changed. There was no writing or date on the picture, so she couldn't tell why they were so happy.

In the small box that accompanied the photo was a ring, one silver ring. There was an engraved snake atop the ring, Slytherin. With a sweet smile on her lips, she gently slipped the ring onto her left middle finger, it fit almost perfectly.

Deciding to be lazy, Lexi lay in her bed for a while more, who knows how long she stayed there for, staring at the ceiling in happy thought. Her peace was soon disturbed by the door handle softly opening the door and a tall figure entering the room, closing the door behind him.

When he noticed her awake state, he smiled, "Merry Christmas," whispered Cedric as he moved to lay with her on the large bed.

"Merry Christmas, love," she grinned back, lifting her head to lie on his chest as his arms wrapped around her frame. "And happy anniversary."

The Hufflepuff chuckled lightly, "Indeed, happy anniversary."

It was one year ago tonight that they'd become an official couple, at the Yule Ball. That night was still a vivid memory, but it felt so long ago.

 That night was still a vivid memory, but it felt so long ago

Don't forget to vote and comment <3