42

Cedric spent the afternoon with his friends in the Hufflepuff common room after spending the morning with Lexi. Alexis used the afternoon to have snowball fights with her brother, Lee and the Weasley's, Hermione sitting out to prevent her hair from getting wet.

At five o'clock said Hermione went back upstairs to get ready for the ball.

"What, you need three hours?" said Ron, looking at her incredulously and paying for his lapse in concentration when a large snowball, thrown by George, hit him hard on the side of the head. "Who're you going with?" he yelled after Hermione, but she just waved and disappeared up the stone steps into the castle.

"Leave her alone!" Lexi threw a hard ball at Ron's stomach and he fell down, winded.

One of the highlights of the fight was Lee and Lexi chasing each other around the courtyard, pelting snowballs at each other.

It was at about six o'clock that Ginny and Lexi left the boys as well and went to get ready. Hermione, Ginny and Katie had all been invited by Lexi and her dormmates to get ready with them seeing as they were all close.

The girls laughed and chatted as they readied themselves. Alicia wore a light pink dress to match her light skin tone, Katie's was a navy blue and Angelina's was a nice dark purple color.

Hermione looked stunning in her periwinkle dress and her hair—which was a combined effort of all the girls—done up in a bun with strands falling loose. Ginny looked like a fairy princess to Lexi in her light pink and green dress.

Alexis was the last to be done because she'd just been delaying getting ready. As she stepped out of the bathroom and in front of her friends, Lexi smiled shyly and did a twirl.

"Absolutely gorgeous!" Hermione squealed, the other girls joining her.

Lexi grinned and took one last look in the mirror as Ginny and Katie went to look for their dates.

Her dyed dirty blonde hair fell wavily down her back as half of it was pinned into a small bun at the back of her head. The dress she wore was sunflower yellow and had only two skinny straps to hold the long dress up. The yellow fabric wrapped around her waist and fell loosely to the floor like petals of a flower.

The green eyes she'd inherited from her mother stood out prominently with the colours she chose and made her looked even more desirable. For makeup, she wore a simple winged eyeliner and mascara with a nude lip color.

On her collarbones was the necklace Cedric had given her that morning. For her earrings on one ear were three small silver hoops in her three piercings, on the other was a piece that hooked around her ear to make it look like an elegant elf ear—it was quite pretty.

"I think I'm ready," she said at last.

"Well, let's go then!" Angelina grinned as she, Alicia and Lexi made their way to the dorm door. Hermione did not move with them.

"Are you coming, Mione?" Lexi asked the younger girl.

Hermione shook her head, "I'll be down in a moment, you go without me."

Lexi looked concerned for a moment, "Are you sure?" when Hermione nodded, she continued, "Alright. You look drop dead gorgeous! Don't forget it!"

Hermione laughed politely and shooed Lexi out of the room.

Alexis found her friends in the common room, Fred, George and Lee's jaws dropped when they saw her. They never knew how naturally pretty she was.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer!" Lexi laughed, then she did a double take, "Actually, I need to do that!"

"I'll get it," said Katie as she went into the girls dorms to get Lexi's camera.

"I feel like a proud brother," Fred faked wiped a tear away and they all laughed.

Katie was back in a second and she grabbed a couple passing to head out and asked them to take their group photo. Reluctantly, the seventh year took the camera and the group of seven huddled together, laughing and smiling—at each other and the camera.

There was a flash and Lexi took the camera from the couple, thanking them and waiting for the photo to print. It was a moving picture and they looked like an amazing group!

Then they all set to exit the Gryffindor Tower. Lexi was the only one without a date from their house, but Lee was kind enough to offer his arm to both her and Alicia.

"I agree with Fred," he said as they walked down a staircase, "definitely feel like an older brother!"

Except, unlike Fred, Lee actually sounded like he was about to cry.

Lexi laughed and tapped his arm, "I'm older than you! But, thank you, we've known each other for so long, you are my family."

What's going on in your guys lives rn?

Don't forget to vote and comment <3