85

"She's butchering his hand, Ced!" Lexi made a chopping motion with her hands. She was sitting with Cedric at the Hufflepuff table.

Cedric grabbed both of her hands and nodded, "But he's said it himself, there's nothing we—nor Dumbledore—can do. He's a tough kid, been through much worse, he'll be fine."

Lexi looked down at their linked hands, accepting her fate. Their matching bracelets were still wrapped around their wrists and had yet to come off since the day they were put on. She smiled at remembering what they stood for.

It was cut short though when Harry came over to them and smacked a paper down between them on the table.

"Read that."

Lexi adjusted herself to read the paper. The first half talked about how the ministry had been tipped off that Sirius was in London. Lexi and Cedric exchanged nervous looks, they'd taken Sirius out for a couple hours...

TRESPASS AT MINISTRY

Sturgis Podmore, 38, of number two, Laburnum Gardens, Clapham, has appeared in front of the Wizengamot charged with trespass and attempted robbery at the Ministry of Magic on 31st August. Podmore was arrested by Ministry of Magic watch wizard Eric Munch, who found him attempting to force his way through a top-security door at one o'clock in the morning. Podmore, who refused to speak, in his own defence, was convicted on both charges and sentenced to six months in Azkaban.

"Sturgis Podmore!" hissed Harry.

"Shh!" said Lexi, casting a terrified look around them.

"Six months in Azkaban!" whispered Harry, shocked. "Just for trying to get through a door!"

"He was in the Order..." muttered Cedric.

"D'you know what he was doing there?" asked Harry hopefully.

Lexi sighed, "Even if we did, Harry, we wouldn't be allowed to tell you."

"Sturgis was supposed to come and see us off—he was supposed to be part of our guard going to King's Cross, remember? And Moody was all annoyed because he didn't turn up; so he couldn't have been on a job for them."

"Harry." Lexi warned her brother.

Harry groaned, "C'mon! Can't you tell me something?" he was getting impatient.

"Harry, I don't know!" Lexi raised her voice as she rubbed her temples in frustration. A few people cast curious glances at them, Harry stepped back. "I don't know, okay? I can't help you."

"But, you're in the —"

Cedric stood up now and Harry immediately stopped, "You're stressing her out, she's already told you she doesn't know. Just give her some space."

Harry watched on as Cedric led his sister from the Great Hall and people stared between them.

Okay, okay, I know it's been a while, I just forgot, okay? PLEASE go check out Betrayal of The Black by @-beths !!! it's a theodore Nott story and AMAZING! best straight fic ever

Don't forget to vote and comment <3