47

As the weeks wore on, Cedric hinted to his girlfriend for Harry to take the egg underwater and open it. The two Potter's had set off one night to do exactly that and found out that the next task would be in the Black Lake and Harry had to breath underwater for an hour.

They had figured out quite quickly with Neville's help that Harry could use gillyweed for his whole 'breathing underwater' problem. Alexis had ordered it from 'Mr Mulpepper's Apothecary' under quick service and it arrived the next day—which was only a few days before the second task—so there was another thing they didn't have to stress over.

On the eve of the second task, Lexi had been mucking around an empty classroom with Cedric and Lee. They'd been attempting to duel, but once Lee had aimed a tickling spell at Lexi, they were all done for.

Amber soon came into the classroom and took Lexi to Professor Dumbledore's office, she'd been asked when McGonagall saw her earlier. It was curious to Lexi why the headmaster would need her, and it only got more so when she entered to see Ron, Hermione and Gabrielle—Fleur's little sister.

"Professor?" asked Lexi when she put her hand on Gabrielle's shoulder comfortingly. "Why are we here?"

The other headmasters, and tournament coordinators, Snape and McGonagall were also there.

Dumbledore sat forward in his chair, "My apologies, Misses Potter, Granger, Delacour, and Mr Weasley, but we need you for the next task of the tournament."

The three students and young girl all simultaneously furrowed their eyebrows, upon seeing their reaction, Dumbledore continued to explain.

"Each champion must seek out a treasure in the Black Lake, these treasures are the person closest to them."

Realization dawned on Lexi, then Hermione, Ron and lastly Gabrielle—who barely spoke English but could make this out.

"But sir," said Hermione, "They'll wonder where we are."

"Yes, they will, but they'll find out soon enough," he spread his hands as if to say 'oh well'. "You will each be put into a deep sleep—like being petrified—and put in the lake, you will wake when your champion brings you to the surface."

"What if zey don't bring uz to zee surface?" asked Gabrielle worriedly, Lexi wrapped her arm around the girl.

"We will not leave you under there, if that is what you are asking. If a champion fails to bring his—or her—hostage back from the lake, I will personally see to it you are brought back safely," said Dumbledore.

Professor McGonagall stepped forward, "Miss Delacour, you will be your sister's hostage. Miss Granger will be Mr Krum's. Mr Weasley will be Mr Potter's. Miss Potter will be Mr Diggory's.

"If there are no further questions, I shall cast the spell now."

The four of them stayed silent and a spell was cast upon them; everything went dark.

Sorry for the late update, school's been hectic! I'm starting internal exams :|

Don't forget to vote and comment <3