32

An hour later when Lexi walked back through the Gryffindor tower entrance, she was welcomed by the loud noise of people partying. Looking around only slightly disoriented, Lexi saw Fred leaning on his twins shoulder at the back of the room, laughing at the party people.

"What's going on?" she asked when she reached them, leaning against the back wall.

George laughed, "Celebration party!"

"I'd expect your boyfriend's doing the same thing right now," Fred said, avoiding eye contact.

Lexi grinned, "Oh, he definitely is. We ran into Sarah Miller earlier, she told us they were planning the same thing you guys have." The twins flicked their heads to her and manic smiles reached their lips, Lexi saw that and held her finger up. "And he is not my boyfriend!"

"Not yet!" they sung together before joining Harry who'd just entered the common room.

After a couple minutes of frustrated thinking, Lexi focused back on her brother who was about to open the egg he'd retrieved. As soon as he did, and ear piercing shriek teared at the ears of every Gryffindor tower resident. Harry quickly clamped it shut again and the mood was considerably less after that.

"We're routing for you, mate! No need to torture us into it!" Lexi walked up to her brother afterwards, laughing only slightly.

Harry startled at her sudden appearance then his eyebrows furrowed, "Oh really? I was under the impression you were going for me and your boyfriend."

Lexi's facial expression was much different to her younger brother's, eyebrows raised, eyes cold. "I am not doing this now."

She gave a cold laugh and started to walk away.

"Why?! You kissed him, didn't you?" Harry called after her.

The older girl stopped and turned around, a few people were listening, "I never said that."

"But you're not denying it!" Harry was getting worked up and she couldn't tell why.

Alexis stepped closer until she was face to face with Harry, she was still taller and her glare was very much intimidating.

"Harry James Potter, I will not do this here. Not now. And not with you." She paused, "Do. You. Understand?"

Harry cowered away from her harsh stare but didn't back down, he didn't nod or shake his head, neither did her answer her. Lexi glanced over his face and backed away again, nearly making it to the stairs this time.

"Who're you gonna go to this time?" he shouted, the words already forming in his mouth without his recognition, Lexi froze. "You can't go to dad! And you can't go to mum! Because they're gone! They —"

Harry did not get to finish his sentence before Lexi spun around, fury clear in her eyes. Everyone was silent now, only watching the Potters, but they couldn't hear the silence.

"YOU THINK I DON'T KNOW THAT?!" she screamed, "YOU THINK I DON'T KNOW OUR PARENTS ARE DEAD!?"

Harry flinched at the volume of her voice, so did many other people, but no one dared interfere.

When she spoke again, Alexis' voice was considerably quieter, but still loud, "You think I don't remember seeing Lord Voldemort murder my mother?! You think a three-year-old can just forgetsomething like that?! You think I liked being reminded of those memories every night for eight years?! You think it was easy for me when Moody used that curse in front of me?!"

Nobody moved in the common room, all eyes stuck on Harry's reaction to his sister's words. Lexi's body shuddered as she drew another breath.

"I may not have been through all the same things as you, Harry. But I, Alexis Potter, haven't had an easy life either!" something flashed through Lexi's eyes before she spat out her last line. "Be glad you can't remember your mother's face as she pleaded for her life!"

Lexi left a stunned silence in her wake as she stormed off to her dormitory, tears spilling from her mother's eyes.

Stuff gettin' real!

Don't forget to vote and comment <3