43

Most of the schools were already in the entrance hall with their dates as the Gryffindors walked down the grand staircase. All heads swivelled to the group as they made their entrance.

Lee walked both Alicia and Alexis behind the others, helping them both down the stairs in their gowns. Lexi spotted Cedric was speaking with Harry and when Harry didn't reply to him—instead just staring at his sister—Cedric too spun around.

It was a sight worthy of his eyes widening and jaw dropping, Alexis looked absolutely stunning! Cedric walked to the foot of their stairs where the three friends were now reaching and offered his hand out to his date.

"You look positively stunning!" he breathed out as she took his arm.

"Not too bad yourself," she blushed.

Lee looked at Cedric before releasing Lexi's other arm, "Have her back by midnight, Diggory, we're watching you!"

Cedric and Lexi laughed but the whole group was indeed looking at the couple. Then Lee let go of his best friend's arm and moved away with his date, giving Cedric and Lexi the opportunity to move away too.

"I see now why you wanted me to wear the tie," he said smoothly, not once taking his eyes off the girl in front of him.

"Do you now?" she asked with a smirk, "I was just under the impression it looked good on you."

The older boy chuckled, "Well, I must say I agree, it is my color isn't it?"

Lexi giggled, "You are in Hufflepuff, so it'd be a bit disappointing if you didn't suit your house's color."

"True," he laughed. Cedric's hands moved down to Lexi's waist, "Gotta say, you do look immensely like a real life sunflower!"

"Actually," the Gryffindor smiled shyly, "that is what I was going for."

"Nailed it, you did."

The Hufflepuff paused for a moment when he saw Harry making his way over to them with Cho—reluctantly—behind them. Then he leant down to Lexi's ear.

"And you're mine for the rest of the night."

His breath was hot on her skin and it made her shiver but smile nonetheless.

"Alexis..." Harry breathed out when he stopped beside them, Cho behind him, "Wow! I— you look so much like mum!"

Lexi smiled and laughed sweetly before pulling her brother into a hug, "Thank you, but you have no idea how much you look like dad actually, little brother."

The siblings pulled apart and Lexi noticed how uncomfortable Cho looked.

"Cho! Oh my God, you looked incredible, that is such a lovely dress!"

The Ravenclaw smiled brightly at her date's sister, "Thank you so much! It was my mothers. You do look beautiful yourself!"

"Aw, thank you!"

Then, seeming to remember something, Lexi gasped and looked around the couples.

"What are you looking for, love?" Cedric asked her, slightly concerned.

Lexi didn't stop looking as she replied, "Lee, he has my camera. I promised Remus and S— Pad, I'd get a photo."

She had stopped herself in time to not mention Sirius' name but instead his nickname, Harry's eyes widened fractionally but the other two didn't notice.

The Gryffindor girl finally spotted her other best friend and called out his name, moving towards the boy. Lee handed her the camera he'd been holding politely for her and she moved back to her date, her brother and his date.

"Okay, three photos. Me and Cedric, Harry and Cho and then the four of us, alright?"

The group nodded and she pulled Cedric towards her and motioned for the youngest couple to position themselves. It looked very awkward to Lexi, but she didn't mention it as the camera—without flash—snapped their photo.

The couples then swapped photos as Harry took the camera and Cedric's hands once more slipped around his date's waist. They looked perfect together! When their photo was taken, Lexi asked one of the girls behind them to take their group photo, she happily accepted.

It was a classic prom pose, Cho and Lexi stood in the middle with their partners holding them from behind. The girl complimented them after giving back the camera and being thanked by the older couple.

Right when Lexi was about to turn back to Harry, Professor McGonagall called the champions and their partners over to her. The rest of the couples were walking into the great hall.

"Where is Krum?" she asked when they were together, Fleur and Lexi exchanging compliments.

"He's coming down the stairs with —"

"Oh my goodness!" Fleur cut Cho off when she caught sight of Hermione descending the stairs with Viktor Krum.

Sorry it's late!! School's been catching ups with me :(

The dress is at the top of the last chapter (I just added it sorry)

Don't forget to vote and comment <3