25

At half past eleven, Harry exited Gryffindor tower and made his way down to the first floor where his sister had been on 'duty' patrolling the corridors. Harry waved the cloak over Lexi and she gave a small yelp, not audible to anyone else.

"Jeez Harry!" she breathed out.

Harry just chuckled and the two set off for Hagrid's cabin at the edge of the Forbidden Forest. When they arrived at the cabin, Harry knocked.

"You there, Harry, Lexi?" Hagrid whispered, opening the door and looking around.

"Yes," they said, stepping inside the cabin and pulling off the cloak.

"What's going on, Hagrid?" Lexi asked.

"Got summat ter show yeh," said Hagrid.

"What're you showing us?" Harry said warily.

"Come with me, keep quiet, an' keep yerself covered with that cloak," said Hagrid. "We won' take Fang, he won' like it..."

"Listen, Hagrid, we can't stay long... we've got to be back up at the castle by one o'clock –"

But Hagrid wasn't listening to the girl; he was opening the cabin door and striding off into the night.

"Hagrid, what —?" Harry attempted to ask when the half giant headed for the Beauxbatons carriage.

"Shhh!" said Hagrid, and he knocked three times on the door.

Madame Maxime opened it, she smiled when she saw Hagrid. "Ah, 'Agrid...it is time?"

Hagrid made a lousy attempt at greeting the lady in French, but it didn't turn out expected. The two half giants conversed for a few seconds before Madame Maxine asked—

"Wair is it you are taking me, 'Agrid?"

"Yeh'll enjoy this," said Hagrid gruffly, "worth seein', trust me. On'y - don' go tellin' anyone I showed yeh, right? Yeh're not s'posed ter know."

"Of course not," said Madame Maxime, fluttering her long black eyelashes.

As Harry and Lexi exchanged puzzled looks beneath the cloak, they ran to keep up with Hagrid, the cloak staying on barely.

But then—when they had walked so far around the perimeter of the forest that the castle and the lake were out of sight— the siblings heard something. Men were shouting up ahead... then came a deafening, ear-splitting roar...

Lexi nearly stopped in her tracks and she would have if Harry hadn't been holding her arm. They went around a tree and gasped at the sight they came upon, mouths hanging open—

Dragons.

Four fully grown, enormous, vicious-looking dragons were rearing onto their hind legs inside an enclosure fenced with thick planks of wood, roaring and snorting - torrents of fire were shooting into the dark sky from their open, fanged mouths, fifty feet above the ground on their outstretched necks.

At least thirty wizards, seven or eight to each dragon, were attempting to control them, pulling on the chains connected to heavy leather straps around their necks and legs.

Mesmerized, Lexi looked up, high above her and Harry, and saw the eyes of the black dragon, with vertical pupils like a cat's, bulging with either fear or rage, he couldn't tell which... It was making a horrible noise, a yowling, screeching scream...

"Keep back there, Hagrid!" yelled a wizard near the fence, straining on the chain he was holding. 

Sorry for the late updates but I've been on vacation :)

Don't forget to vote and comment <3