33

Only a few minutes after their argument, all the girls had rushed into the sixth year girls dormitory. Alicia, Angelina, Katie, Ginny and Hermione all running to wrap their arms around the crying girl.

Downstairs was a different matter.

Harry had tears of his own formed in his eyes, but they did not flow from their gates. People were giving him dirty looks as they stalked off to their own rooms, the mood having been wrecked.

Fred and George stood menacingly in front of the fourteen-year-old, arms folded and towering over Harry.

"Why in Merlin's name would you say that?!" the older twin raised his voice.

Harry did not meet their eyes or say anything.

George spoke his mind too, both defending Lexi, "You know how much those things killed her inside, Harry! And you still chose to torture her with it!"

"I DIDN'T MEAN TO!" Harry's temper burst at the twins, he stared them down. The tears broke free and slipped out from under his glasses, "I— I just –"

Harry once again didn't finish his sentence, he pushed past the twins and ran to his dorm, nobody was inside. Without thinking, Harry let out his frustration at himself. The boy screamed, a blood curdling one that was sure to terrify the first years out of their wits.

How could he say those things to his sister? How could he be so cruel? She didn't deserve any of that, why had he even done it? He was so hung up about getting an answer out of her that all the pressure since the start of term just caught him... and he took it out on the one person who deserved it least in the world.

Soon enough, the dormitory door opened and two arms wrapped around his body kneeling on the floor. Harry melted into the embrace, not caring who it was. His screams became quieter.

"I'm here because she asked someone to check on you, not because I sympathize with you." Ginny's voice was soft a few minutes later as she continued to hold him.

Harry wasn't screaming anymore, he was crying and he shook at her words... just another reason he didn't deserve Alexis.

Ginny waited patiently until Harry was exhausted enough to fall asleep in her arms and Ron helped get him into bed. The youngest Weasley's closed his hangings and walked to the door of the dorm.

"You'll have to check on him in the morning," Ginny whispered to her brother.

Ron nodded, "Yeah, how's Lex?"

Ginny's eyes softened, "We could hear Harry from her room, it tore her apart to hear him like that... and even though he'd said those things, she was still his older sister, she said it was her job to make sure he's okay... but she couldn't do it, so she asked me to, I of course did because I couldn't stand his screams any more than she could." Ginny subconsciously rubbed her arm, "The things he said hurt her, but she knows he didn't mean it, no matter why he said them. She thinks she could have done better with the things she said too."

"You think she'll forgive him?"

The Weasley girl looked to Harry's closed off bed, "Of course she will."

sad

sad.

Don't forget to comment <3