121

The footsteps had belonged to Filch who was grabbing the "Approval for Whipping" papers from Umbridge's desk, showing deep affection for them.

Harry and Alexis got to their feet and followed Filch out of the office, crouching so the cloak kept both of them covered. One landing down from Umbridge's office, they thought it was safe to become visible again.

Not wanting to miss the show her best friends were putting on, Lexi went into a sprint to get to the Entrance Hall, Harry hot on her heels. Most of the school was assembled in a giant circle that closed off Fred and George from the exits. Peeves, was bobbing overhead.

"So—you think it amusing to turn a school corridor into a swamp, do you?" said Umbridge who looked like a predator about to eat her prey.

"Pretty amusing, yeah," said Fred, looking up at her without the slightest sign of fear.

As Filch elbowed his way closer to Umbridge, Lexi weaved through the front of the crowd, a quarter way round the circle from Umbridge where Cedric was standing with Lee. Lexi's hands slipped into both of theirs as the twins looked over to them, she smiled.

"You two," Umbridge's eyes pinned on the twins, "about to learn what happens to wrongdoers in my school."

"You know what?" said Fred. "I don't think we are."

He turned to his twin.

"George," said Fred, "I think we've outgrown full-time education."

"Yeah, I've been feeling that way myself," said George lightly.

"Time to test our talents in the real world, d'you reckon?" asked Fred.

"Definitely," said George.

And before Umbridge could say a word, they raised their wands and said together:

"Accio brooms!"

There was a loud crash in the distance and suddenly Fred and George's broomsticks were nearly bowling Harry over as they returned to their owners with one still trailing the heavy chain and iron peg.

"We won't be seeing you," Fred told Professor Umbridge, swinging his leg over his broomstick.

"Yeah, don't bother to keep in touch," said George, mounting his own.

Fred looked around at the assembled students, at the silent, watchful crowd.

"It anyone fancies buying a Portable Swamp, as demonstrated upstairs, come to number ninety-three, Diagon Alley—Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes," he said in a loud voice. "Our new premises!"

"Special discounts to Hogwarts students who swear they're going to use our products to get rid of this old bat," added George, pointing at Professor Umbridge.

"STOP THEM!" shrieked Umbridge, but it was too late. Fred and George kicked off from the floor, shooting fifteen feet into the air.

Fred winked at Lexi before he looked across the hall at the poltergeist bobbing on his level above the crowd.

"Give her hell from us, Peeves."

And Peeves, who'd never taken an order from a student before, swept his belled hat from his head and sprang to a salute as Fred and George wheeled about to tumultuous applause from the students below and sped out of the open front doors into the glorious sunset.

"Bye, Fred, George," whispered Lexi to their retreating figures, tears slipping down her cheeks as Cedric and Lee each put an arm around her.

HEYYYY!!!! Hope y'all had an awesome New Year and Christmas and are ready to get back into Lexi and Cedric's story!

Bye, bye, Fred and George :(

Don't forget to vote and comment <3