05

Alexis' things had already been in Ginny's room seeing as she lived there in the holidays, but Cedric and Amos had returned her other belongings from the first month and a half the next morning so she could pack for Hogwarts.

She was now sitting at the Gryffindor table between Fred and Lee, George beside Fred and Alicia, Angelina and Katie across from them. The food on the tables had just disappeared and Dumbledore was speaking to the first years, then everyone.

"... It is also my painful duty to inform you that the Inter-House Quidditch Cup will not take place this year."

"What?!" Lexi, Fred, George, Alicia, Angelina, Katie and Lee all burst out. She looked down the table to see Harry and Ron with the same reaction. Then Lexi met Cedric's confused and slightly outraged stare.

The Gryffindor quidditch team was mouthing soundlessly at Dumbledore, apparently too appalled to speak. Dumbledore went on, "This is due to an event that will be starting in October, and continuing throughout the school year, taking up much of the teachers' time and energy—but I am sure you will all enjoy it immensely. I have great pleasure in announcing that this year at Hogwarts–"

But at that moment, there was a deafening rumble of thunder and the doors of the Great Hall banged open.

A man stood in the doorway, he had long grizzled hair and a limp in his walk, each step there was a loud clunk from his foot. Several people gasped when the man turned into the light and they saw several scars thrown across his face and a large chunk of his nose was missing. But it was the man's eyes that made him frightening.

One of them was small, dark, and beady. The other was large, round as a coin, and a vivid, electric blue. The blue eye was moving ceaselessly, without blinking, and was rolling up, down, and from side to side, quite independently of the normal eye - and then it rolled right over, pointing into the back of the man's head, so that all they could see was whiteness.

"May I introduce our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher?" said Dumbledore brightly into the silence. "Professor Moody."

Alexis turned to Lee, "As in Mad-Eye Moody? The Auror?"

Lee looked just as shocked as she did, "I-I'd say so, yeah."

Lexi looked across the table then down it again, everyone was just as shocked as them. 

Don't forget to vote and comment <3