58

It was a wonder to the three schools how Cedric had been 'dead' one moment and very well alive the next. Dumbledore had said Cedric had simply been under a dark spell, as to save the complicated explanation.

To the females of Hogwarts, Cedric had definitely become even more popular because of his 'near' death experience. They'd been swarming all over him in the last month and he'd had to remind them each time he had a girlfriend—most of them ignored that part.

Harry was still upset and closed off to the world, often spending his time alone around the grounds. There were a few days he'd spend alone with Lexi and Cedric, just willing himself to be free from all the stress for a while. Cedric had reassured him many times it wasn't his fault for what happened, but Harry couldn't stop the nightmares about seeing the green jet of light streaking towards Cedric.

Alexis had decided to return to Privet Drive for this summer until the time where she and Harry could go to the Weasley's. Things were unsteady in the wizarding world, and Harry wasn't at his best, she wanted to make sure he was alright and not alone.

Of course, Lexi was of age and could use magic outside of Hogwarts now, so she'd make Harry's life with the Dursley's easier. She was also free to apparate to London to meet with Cedric—which they were planning to do—though, she wasn't allowed to apparate Harry, by orders of Dumbledore.

At the end of year feast, and the leaving feast for the Beauxbatons and Durmstrang students, Dumbledore stood with his goblet.

"The end," he said looking around the hall, "of another year. There is much I would like to say to you all tonight, but I must first acknowledge a member amongst you."

The headmaster's eyes found Cedric, as did the hall's, he was at the Hufflepuff table with Amber and Rolf Scamander.

"I think you all have the right to know what happened to our dear friend, Cedric Diggory."

Lexi saw Harry stare at Dumbledore from the corner of her eye.

"It was Lord Voldemort's intention to murder Cedric that night of the third task —" there was a loud gasp from the students of the hall, Cedric just stared at the table "— and he might've succeeded had it not been for a young woman who saved him from a place between life and death."

Feeling herself blush under the sudden attention, Lexi too looked at the tabletop.

"The Ministry of Magic," Dumbledore continued, "does not wish me to tell you this. It is possible that some of your parents will be horrified that I have done so—either because they will not believe that Lord Voldemort has returned, or because they think I should not tell you so, young as you are. It is my belief, however, that the truth is generally preferable to lies.

"There is somebody else who must be mentioned in connection with this event," Dumbledore went on. "I am talking, of course, about Harry Potter."

A kind of ripple crossed the Great Hall as a few heads turned in Harry's direction before flicking back to face Dumbledore.

"Harry Potter managed to escape Lord Voldemort," said Dumbledore. "He risked his own life to return Cedric's body to Hogwarts. He showed, in every respect, the sort of bravery that few wizards have ever shown in facing Lord Voldemort, and for this, I honor him."

Dumbledore turned to Harry and raised his goblet once more. Nearly everyone in the Great Hall followed suit. Cedric did so with dignity and was the first to call out his name, the rest following the same.

When everyone had once again resumed their seats, Dumbledore continued, "The Triwizard Tournament's aim was to further and promote magical understanding. In the light of what has happened—of Lord Voldemort's return—such ties are more important than ever before."

"Every guest in this Hall," said Dumbledore, and his eyes lingered upon the Durmstrang students, "will be welcomed back here at any time, should they wish to come. I say to you all, once again—in the light of Lord Voldemort's return, we are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided. Lord Voldemort's gift for spreading discord and enmity is very great. We can fight it only by showing an equally strong bond of friendship and trust. Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.

"It is my belief— and never have I so hoped that I am mistaken—that we are all facing dark and difficult times. Some of you in this Hall have already suffered directly at the hands of Lord Voldemort. Many of your families have been torn asunder. A week ago, a student was taken from our midst.

"Remember, if the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember that you will not be spared should you happen to stray across the path of Lord Voldemort—he does not give mercy."

I CAN SEE HOW MANY OF YOU READ THIS! DON'T IGNORE ME!!!! 

sorry.

Don't forget to vote and comment <3