22

It wasn't even twenty minutes into the next class—which Lexi didn't have because of a free period—when she spotted her brother and Colin Creevey walking from the dungeons. She wondered what they were doing and decided to join them.

"Hey, little bro! Colin."

Both of the boys started at her sudden appearance, Lexi seemed to have cut Colin off but the small boy didn't seem to mind.

"Lexi! What are you doing out here?" Harry asked surprised.

"I had a free class and saw you walking out of your class I know you have –" she raised her eyebrows pointedly at the two boys, "– and decided to see what you were up to."

Colin was the one to speak up—much to Lexi's surprise, "I was asked by Mr Bagman to take Harry Potter for the champions photos." He said it all with a very large smile.

"Oh..." replied the older girl, then an idea popped up in her mind, "I'll just come with you then, since I am your coach, your sister and my best friend is there too!"

Lexi's smile matched Colin's, Harry laughed, "Right, sure."

Together, the three Gryffindor's set off for an unused classroom on the second floor. When they arrived, they were met with the faces of Viktor, Fleur, Cedric, Ludo Bagman, a few other face and— Rita Skeeter.

"And here he is now, champion number four!" Mr Bagman cried out when he saw the Potter's, "An his coach too!" There was a strain in his smile but he shook their hands nonetheless.

Cedric—who had been talking with Fleur—looked up at their arrival and excused himself from the French woman and made his way over to swing an arm around Lexi's shoulder with a bright smile.

The two muttered greetings while Mr Bagman explained the wand weighing ceremony to Harry and introduced the reporter. Lexi eyed her with disgust, she knew about this woman and the terrible things she said about nice people.

Rita was looking at Harry like he was a prize to be won, "I wonder if I could have a little word with Harry before we start?" she said to Bagman, but still gazing fixedly at Harry. "The youngest champion, you know...to add a bit of color?"

Oh, no way in hell was she letting that happen!

"Certainly!" cried Bagman. "That is - if Harry has no objection?"

Harry looked nervously at Alexis, she answered for him, "No. My brother is not comfortable being interviewed by you, and neither am I. I know the cruel things you write and I won't let my brother be your next victim."

The woman looked shocked and positively outraged, but there was also a hint of mischievousness in her eyes.

"Ooh, feisty one aren't we?" she commented in a sickeningly sweet voice.

"Yeah! So clear off before I hex you!" snarled Lexi with a scowl, Cedric and Harry looking surprised but proud.

Before Rita could reply, Bagman intervened, "Alright! Harry, if I could get you and Mr Diggory at the back with Krum..."

He trailed off and the two Hogwarts champions moved to stand behind a seat which Fleur was now being guided to. The Beauxbatons champion sent Lexi a small smile and wave, the other girl returning it.

After that, the champions had their wands tested for good conditions by Mr Ollivander. All the while, Viktor Krum kept giving Lexi fleeting glances.

 All the while, Viktor Krum kept giving Lexi fleeting glances

Don't forget to vote and comment <3