class reunion

"Let me say, listen to me. There is a green light, where is happiness?"

"Unlike any meaning, you are the green light, so unique."

...

Uh, who is that person standing on stage, holding a microphone, and screaming in exaggerated poses...

I was shocked as soon as I opened the door. I'm sure he must be a classmate from high school, but it's been so long I can't remember his name for now.

"Isn't this Flynn? You finally came."

I had just entered the room when someone found me. Astrid hurried over and led me to an empty seat in the room. I was still relatively familiar with her since we were high school classmates and went to the same university. We had just met recently.

"I thought you were going to stand me up again, but Reilly was very sure you would come, so everyone is waiting for you!"

"Why did you say 'again'? How could that be? I said I would definitely come!"

I strongly argued, took a deep breath, sat down calmly on the soft sofa, picked up a berry from the fruit platter on the coffee table and put it in my mouth, and asked her in a low voice, "Who's the one pretending to sing on stage?"

Astrid rolled her eyes at me with a smile and said, "That's Jaxon, our former math class representative! Don't tell me you've forgotten everything?"

"Oh, I remember now."

With her reminder, I immediately had an impression. This guy was the fourth in our class rankings. He was always ranked fourth in exams, never breaking into the top three. No wonder he looked so familiar. I suddenly remembered that after graduation he got together with Lennox, the arts class representative. The two of them even posted a lot of lovey-dovey photos in our class group at the time. Speaking of which, Lennox was quite pretty. The two of them were a match made in heaven. I wonder how they are now.

"I heard he recently broke up because Lennox cheated on him and he caught her on the street. Lennox didn't even come today!"

"Pfff..."

"Are you okay?"

Astrid was startled and asked with concern.

"Cough cough cough cough...I'm fine! I almost choked on a seed..."

I quickly waved my hand and secretly glanced to the side of the stage.

The first person I saw was Reilly. At this moment, he was holding forth in the middle of another sofa, with several female classmates from high school on both sides, listening intently to his years of study abroad and travel stories.

It was still the familiar style, unchanged. I couldn't help but feel emotional. Sensing my gaze, Reilly smiled casually and nodded, which counted as a greeting. I nodded back and didn't bother him.

There were indeed many classmates today. This was the largest ktv suite, but it still felt crowded. I think there were about 30 people in our high school class. Now it looks like at least more than half have shown up. I could immediately call out most of their names when I saw their faces. But there were still a few that I just couldn't remember no matter what.

After all, it's been four years...

I was a little hungry. For someone like me who only eats one meal a day, the food in my stomach should have been completely digested long ago. Usually at this time I would already be in bed and asleep. After all, when you're asleep you don't feel anything.

But now it was different. Looking at the variety of fruit plates and snacks in front of me, although they were just snacks, they were no less than a full meal to me.