Vol 3/ Chapter 89: Escape Tools

"What about the other rebellious angels?"

Nicola was also stunned. She had worked so hard to bring back so many prisoners, yet only this one was left.

"They all suffocated to death..."

"Suffocated to death?"

I was also dumbfounded. I didn't expect angels could die this way. But I soon realized—

The magical prison Reed made was hastily adapted from a gas-collecting ball. Gas-collecting balls can collect gases precisely because they isolate the inside from outside air.

But using it to hold those angels knocked by "Five Lights Ten Colors" may not be so suitable, because angels need to breathe too! Without air exchange with the outside, it's no wonder they all suffocated after being thrown in together.

As for Yvonne, she survived purely thanks to the superior physique of a ten-winged angel. There was even an element of luck since I remember there was more than one rebellious ten-winged angel.

"But why is there still a need for this energy isolation barrier?"

Cyra still didn't quite understand.

"Now that they're already locked in the cage, even if they can fly, we're underground anyway so how could they escape?"

I had the same question. Glancing back at where we came from, I saw that the inside of the energy isolation barrier was a concave mirror. It was precisely because of these mirrored surfaces reflecting every bit of light that the torch lighting inside the prison was much brighter than outside.

"Nicola can explain the specifics! After all, she was the one who told us we must do this. I've only heard about the actual situation, never saw it myself."

Elara quickly passed the buck.

"It's because we encountered a strange incident at the tournament arena. That's why we have to take precautions..."

As soon as Nicola heard, she readily explained:

"I mentioned earlier that Reed used magic scrolls to eliminate many monsters. But when dealing with these angels who are immune to magic, she ran into problems. With no other choice, she hastily adopted the magical principles of a gas-collecting ball and created this magical prison to hold the traitors. But then an accident happened—one of the rebellious angels somehow found a loophole in the 'Five Light Ten Color' spell, pretending to faint on the ground before suddenly attacking Reed. Fortunately, Mia protected her in time, but unfortunately, her wings were injured."

"Wings?"

Hearing her, we immediately looked towards Mia's back, only to see that her four pairs of wings were nearly sheared off on the right side. The clean cuts came from a sword, only now they were all wrapped in bandages.

"Wow—so your wings broke too!"

Cyra went behind Mia and exclaimed. She had suffered the same misfortune, with the right wings also injured and rendered flightless.

"Oh—so your wings broke too!"

Mia naturally saw Cyra's condition as well. Fellow angels fallen from grace, they let out identical laments.

"Nicola, what happened next?"

I didn't want to see these two sympathizing. I wouldn't even feel surprised if they suddenly started dancing together...

"Next... Of course, I took over next, fought her with my Condensation Sword, hoping to take her out quickly."

But from Nicola's attitude, it seemed she didn't really want to talk about what happened after.