Volume 2/Chapter 40: The Fight Breaks Out

The only thing I could do now was to return to the hill where Adrian and I first landed, and wait to regroup with them.

I was still a bit worried about the Fire Flame God Michelle that Borg said was in Val City. Because according to him, she was a goddess that had descended in bodily form, and existed in Val City, so close to me - that made me unable to ignore her.

But she probably wasn't as powerful as he made her out to be. If she was that formidable, we wouldn't have been able to hide out in the city for so long. And when we escaped, she didn't show up in person either, just sending two silly skeletal dragons to chase me that I managed to escape from in the end.

If Borg hadn't told me, I would have had no idea such a powerful goddess was hidden in this city.

Hold on! What if he was lying to me? What if that Fire Flame God Michelle wasn't even in the city at all? Maybe he just wanted to scare me into letting him go when he said all that.

I felt like that was very likely.

Although I still didn't get to ask where the teleportation point had moved to now, my mood was a bit more relaxed than before.

Because from what Borg said, he had let slip a lot of useful information. That included the fact that the Val City side didn't know Alfreed's squad existed - if Blanche hadn't sold us out, then the rest should be able to get out soon.

Those cavemen until now still thought that I either killed the others, or some enemy dark creature faction did it.

To have five big live humans sneak in without detecting anything, they still dared say their goddess was personally guarding the place? I couldn't help but snort in contempt when I thought of this.

As I was flying through the sky towards the gathering point Adrian and I had agreed on, I seemed to see a black dot moving swiftly in my direction from the ground below.

That black dot was moving extremely quickly in a series of jumps and bounds, very suited to the mountainous terrain in this area.

Could it be...

I stared intently, flying a bit lower, and discovered what looked like a human figure. I immediately lost my cool - how could there be a human in a place like this?

The only humans that would be around here were probably Alfreed's group, could it be that someone else got caught up in the earlier teleportation exchange as well? But judging by how skilled that person's movements were, it probably wasn't an ordinary human. Or could it really be one of Alfreed's group who also escaped alone?

Guessing blindly wouldn't do any good. When I dropped down directly in front of that person, I got a huge shock when I saw who it was.

"Blanche?" I exclaimed in surprise.

How could it be her? Based on my and Adrian's guesses, either she was now trapped with Alfreed's group in that little house in the city, or she might have sold us out already and was waiting for the monsters to send her back, although that was on the condition that the monsters kept their promise.

But now she appeared alone on this barren mountain outside the city - what was going on? Although from her direction, she seemed to be heading precisely towards that volcano I had come from.

"It's you, Feliciana!"

Blanche was also shocked to see me, immediately saying:

"Hurry and go help the captain and the others! The city gates just opened and when we tried to slip out from there we were discovered. They're fighting intensely right now."