Vol 3/Chapter 24: Horrifying Possibilities

"This is nonsense! The soul that came from Earth belonging to Reilly is Liana?"

I pointed at Nicola and yelled loudly, then suddenly felt a bit amused.

Hearing the name Liana, it was a woman's name, but what kind of person was Reilly? Surrounded by countless young ladies from good families, known as the Prince for Ladies! Yet I was told not only was she a woman now, but her former soul was a woman too.

"Be honest and tell me when you secretly went to Thailand. Let me take a look..."

I held her head pretending to inspect it.

"Go away! I'm a pure man! Also, souls have no gender!"

Nicola's face turned black upon hearing this. She slapped my hand away.

"Be serious! Isn't this what we came to discuss?"

"How are you pure?"

I looked her up and down disapprovingly.

"What other reason could there be? I feel we should still stick to the initial inference - there may be another soul living in your angel body, Liana's soul, so it unknowingly affects your abilities. Even Elara did not completely deny this possibility."

"But unlike you, I have never shown another personality."

Nicola did not seem to agree with this explanation. She suddenly came up with another hypothesis.

"Could we have gone down the wrong path? What if the ability to control time doesn't necessarily belong only to Liana? Or perhaps Michelle was simply mistaken? Moreover, even my future self said she wasn't Liana!"

"But how could she possibly mistake that Condensation Sword? That sword can only be used by you."

I immediately shook my head and denied it upon hearing this.

"Who said only I can use it?"

To my surprise, Nicola smiled mysteriously and pointed at me, saying:

"You can use it too!"

"Huh? Me?"

I pointed at myself, puzzled. I was about to say she was wrong when I suddenly recalled that she did say before that when I was unconscious, I had summoned a long sword identical to the Condensation Sword, only the colour was slightly different.

"You can't be saying I'm Liana right?"

I instantly felt confused. How did our discussion become more chaotic the more we talked? Many clues could be discovered, yet we couldn't make any sense of them.

"Not to that extent."

Nicola shook her head and explained:

"What I mean is, perhaps there are many people who can use this weapon, not just the two of us. Did you forget? Even Michelle's weapon looks the same."

"But that still feels like too much of a stretch..."

I thought about it and did not agree with her view, rebutting:

"Firstly, the colours of the weapons we each summoned are different. Michelle couldn't have mistaken them. According to Elara, such colour differences should relate to the element types. So the grayish-white color of the Condensation Sword fits the wind element theory very well. Furthermore, you also can control time. Taken together, it seems even less likely she was mistaken."

"Unless it can be proven there is a necessary connection between the wind element and time control. If a user of the wind element can create the Condensation Sword and control time, and this is not just an isolated case, then we could reasonably say Michelle mistook the person from the start."