Vol 2/Chapter 54: Fire Goddess Michelle

"Thought could play longer..."

The red-haired girl seemed somewhat disappointed upon hearing this, looking rather listless.

At this moment, even the others could see she was not an ally at all. The atmosphere instantly became tense again.

"My name is Michelle."

Her short statement was like a bombshell for everyone, and they instinctively took a few steps back.

"You are the Fire Goddess?"

Alfred could hardly believe it as he tried to confirm.

Although her gender could be guessed from the name, seeing her appearance was still very different from what he had imagined.

"What? Don't I look the part?"

She answered blandly, not seeming to care much about appearances. Though she looked younger than Claudia, her behavior was much more mature.

"It's not that I don't believe you..."

I couldn't help but confirm again. Indeed, I didn't sense a trace of dark elemental energy from her.

"But how can a dark creature's god have only light elements in her body..."

I really wanted to complain: Could it be that she had previously been an angel leader, and then defected to the dark creatures?

If that were truly so, then this Michelle would be the real fallen angel, while that black-winged Claudia lacks authenticity.

"You angels are consistently accustomed to judging if someone is a friend or foe according to their elemental attributes. But you should be aware that enemies are not necessarily dark creatures," Michelle said, giving me a side glance and sighing.

"Besides, as you have already said, I am the Fire Goddess, not the God of Darkness..."

I wanted to retort. It was rather absurd that I seemed to suddenly represent all angels when I hadn't even seen what other angels looked like.

But the torrential heat wave that erupted from her in that instant left me stunned.

The air around Michelle appeared to ignite, instantly setting the vegetation and trees in the area ablaze. The bizarre sight before me gave off an intensely dangerous vibe.

"Feliciana!"

"Feliciana, run!"

Adrian and Nicola's voices called from behind. I suddenly felt myself pulled into an embrace as someone swiftly retreated with me away from Michelle...

A deafening boom.

I only felt dizzy and disoriented. Still in the person's embrace, we were blasted into the sky, not knowing how far we flew before heavily crashing back to the ground.

"What happened?"

Having been thrown about violently, I shook my head to try clearing it as I shakily propped myself up to look around. My ears were still ringing from the explosive sound and I couldn't make out any noises clearly.

"This is..."

Seeing the sight before me, I gaped, momentarily at a loss for words.

Not far ahead was a massive crater, probably blasted several hundred meters from where we were. A large swirling inferno still burned above it and fiery dragons continuously weaved in and out. The surrounding trees were also furiously burning, enveloped in white flames with embers flying about in the scorching heat waves blowing towards us.