Vol 3/Chapter 37: The Conservatives

"Humans aren't necessarily that weak. What if they defeat the demons?"

I was a little unhappy to hear her speak so poorly of humans, so I couldn't help but speak up for them.

"It's very difficult! Even with the angel legions now joining them, it is still hard for them to gain an advantage," Elara shook her head, denying my viewpoint.

"Even if, as you say, humans eventually become strong enough to face demons alone without our help, that would mean their overall strength has surpassed that of angels. But by then, we'll be hiding in here, cut off from them. How is that situation any different from the demons occupying the entire Eldoria Continent?"

I had to admit, that Elara considered things very far ahead. Just think about it a little, and you can foresee this kind of outcome.

No matter which world I'm in, I firmly believe that human greed remains the same. When the time comes, humans will set their sights on Edenmere.

"So you suspect the traitor is someone from the conservative faction? They even let the nightmares in?"

Nicola was silent for a while, then suddenly spoke up, seemingly still unable to believe that there would be traitors.

"Could it be a mistake? Aren't angels and demons mortal enemies? Even if you want to isolate yourselves, there's no need to collude with the enemy, right?"

"The power in Edenmere is still in the hands of us reformist faction. The conservative faction has always been looking for opportunities to seize my title of Elara."

As the clan leader, Elara naturally understood the ins and outs very clearly, and it was unlikely she would get it wrong.

"And the occurrence of such a tragedy is just right to provoke feelings of fear towards the outside world among the public. Besides, the conservative faction has always been opposed to the use of the Angel Descent Formation..."

"Why? Isn't the Angel Descent Formation said to be the main way the angel population grows?"

Nicola simply could not understand. At the same time, I was also confused. They were complaining about the lack of population, yet they did not want to find ways to increase the population. Instead, they sabotaged population growth. What's wrong with these conservatives?

Could it be... A thought suddenly flashed through my mind.

"Is it to control the population?"

I tentatively asked.

"That's right. After all, angels have a very long lifespan."

Elara nodded and admitted my guess.

"If the conservatives' plan can be implemented, the number of angels will hardly decrease again for thousands of years. Edenmere's total area is so small. The fewer the population, the more average resources each person can occupy. It's evident that the conservatives have been carefully preparing for this for a long time."

"Fuc...."

Nicola almost burst out swearing, but even if she did, Elara probably wouldn't understand anyway.

"If it was them, I definitely wouldn't let those traitors off!"

"Why are you always so impulsive..."

I rolled my eyes. We didn't even really know who the conservative angels were yet. Things weren't even clear and she was already threatening revenge. Isn't that just making Elara use her?