Vol 3/Chapter 110: Paying Respects

Thinking about this, I suddenly understood - no wonder the commander of the angel legions has at least eight wings.

As a "client", the spellcaster only needs to convey their thoughts in one direction. Of course, they can also have a private "conversation" between two people.

However, although the requirements for spellcasting have greatly decreased for the "client", it still belongs to the difficulty level of intermediate magic. It's easy enough for ordinary angels, they can do it effortlessly. But for humans it's still very difficult, after all, what angels see as intermediate magic has been elevated by one level in the human world, completely belonging to the realm of advanced magic.

My thoughts returned to the present.

"Before this, you have to take me to the Astralrealm Kingdom first to treat my wings. Otherwise, just keep flying while carrying me!"

Cyra was worried, afraid that I and Nicola would be in a hurry to travel and not bring her for wing treatment.

"Don't worry, we were planning to go back to Norvale first anyway."

I rolled my eyes at her, suddenly feeling a little helpless.

"It's just a pity that Reed suddenly changed her mind and decided to stay in Edenmere longer. Otherwise, we could have travelled together..."

"I'm also powerless regarding this matter. After all, everyone on the supreme angel council unanimously agreed that the 'Eye of Galadra' must remain in Edenmere, to eliminate the risk of spatial intrusion again."

Elara said. It was a matter of Edenmere's safety, so caution must be exercised.

"So if Reed wants to continue researching this celestial device, she can only stay for now."

"Forget about her! She'll come looking for us when she's done with her research. With Mia as her bodyguard, there's no need to worry about safety either."

Nicola waved her hand unconcernedly, then grabbed Cyra and flew towards the teleportation array above with me.

"Mia also needs to go out for wing treatment. They probably won't stay for too long."

Aetina smiled and waved vigorously at us. Her words made me think of the scene earlier when we returned to the cave, Reed's petite body carrying the tall Mia as they flew out of the city. It did look a bit odd.

"Oh right! Remember to keep an eye out for news about Aria. I must catch that girl with my own hands!"

Nicola shouted while waving back. Looks like she still hasn't forgotten about the humiliation by Aria before.

...

"Where is this place?"

As soon as we poked our heads out of the Edenmere exit, we immediately tried to determine our location.

Although Elara had already moved the exit to within the Astralrealm Kingdom's territory, the kingdom's range was still very large. If we flew in the wrong direction, we could end up farther from the royal capital. I didn't want to relive the experience of getting lost while flying in the sky again.

"There's a forest down below, and what looks like a very big city over there!"

Cyra said excitedly as she pointed into the distance. She had crossed over for so long, this was her first time coming to the main world.

"Haha! I have finally returned gloriously!"

"Huh? This place is..."

Seeing the city she pointed out, I naturally recognized it at a glance. It was our destination, Norvale.

And the forest below us happened to be on flat land, without any traces of mountains. It seemed to be the Elara Woodlands, the very first place we landed after coming to this world!

"How convenient. Since we're passing by, why don't we go take a look at that place..."

I suggested to Nicola. She paused for a moment before immediately catching my meaning and flew straight down with Cyra.

"Good idea. We'll go pick some flowers and you can go on ahead."

That's right, this was the very spot we first crossed over to this world, and where the other high school classmates lost their lives to the monster attack.

Guided by memory, I landed among the remains of that battlefield again. There were no more traces of monsters around here.

Recalling the minotaur we met here later, and the dangerous fight alongside Adrian and the others, I couldn't help but feel emotional. Back then I knew nothing, even flying was something I learned by chance here.

"Flowers are here!"

Before long, Nicola landed behind me hugging Cyra. Cyra held a huge bouquet of colourful fresh flowers in her hands, obtained from who knows where, and so quickly!

"Nicola said this is where we first crossed over, right?"

Cyra had a thoughtful look on her face. Glancing around, apart from some mostly rotten monster corpses giving off a stench, there wasn't much to see.

After all, angels don't leave bodies behind.

"Uh, since we decided to come pay respects, shouldn't we say something?"

Neither I nor Nicola had experience in this area and didn't know what would be appropriate.

"Leave it to me, I'm an expert in this!"

Cyra enthusiastically volunteered. She casually found a rock, gently placed the flower bouquet on it, then put her palms together and bowed her head to start reciting a prayer.

"...I feel this might be going overboard?"

Seeing Cyra's back, Nicola couldn't help twitching her mouth. She really couldn't stomach the True Church's practices.

"Moreover, according to what Elara said, didn't these schoolmates already get reincarnated? Is there still meaning in paying respects?"

"Since we're already here, might as well make a gesture?"

I also suddenly felt it was a bit excessive, but this was my idea after all, so I had to see it through.

"Well then, till we meet again, fellow schoolmates!"

Nicola was straightforward, saluting boldly in half jest, then gestured to me.

"Your turn."

"Um..."

Watching Cyra nearing the end of her prayer, I hesitated for a long time, unable to come up with suitable words.

"This is new grass right?"

I suddenly noticed a flash of green emerging from the muddy ground by my feet.

I remembered on my previous visit, because of the battle and magic, there was almost no vegetation here. But now, fresh green sprouts could be seen everywhere among the battlefield ruins.

"Farewell..."

Feeling like I understood something, I looked at the empty surroundings, raising a hand, then letting it fall hesitantly.

I didn't know if I was saying this to all the deceased schoolmates, or just Quinn alone, or maybe I was the actual recipient.

"Let's go! I'll show you the wonders of this world."

I shook my head and stopped thinking about it. Smiling at Cyra, I held out my palm.

"Be prepared, this is an exciting yet dangerous new world!"

"I love thrills the most!"

Cyra immediately smiled and enthusiastically stretched out her hand.

Next stop - the royal capital Norvale!