Vol 2/Chapter 55: Liana

"How did you find us?"

The other party was a bit surprised that I wanted to ask this.

I was really curious. With so many trees in the woods covering our tracks, how could she have found us in such a short time? Her methods were amazing.

And Michelle really seemed to want to know who killed Claudia. This gave me a chance. She would most likely agree to my insignificant condition.

"It's not that impressive. Telling you doesn't matter."

As expected, Michelle thought about it and answered.

"The Galadra Eye can see through any object. You were able to sneak in and escape earlier just because my useless subordinates don't know how to use it. Did you think that hiding in the woods would make it so I couldn't find you all? To my eyes, these trees and vegetation are as insubstantial as the Dark Continent. There's no difference."

Isn't the Galadra Eye a teleportation device? How does it have these extra functions? So the device in the tower was truly a part of the legendary celestial weapon?

"What do you think? Are you ready to tell the truth now?"

After she finished speaking, Michelle glanced at me and said.

"This is..."

My forehead started sweating. The storyline felt off. After all this time, there really hadn't been any turn of events. No rescue came, and nothing happened to the other side either.

I looked ahead, the only good thing was that Alfreed's injuries had basically been healed by Eleanora. He was just still unconscious.

But even if he woke up now, I didn't think it would make much difference.

Now Eleanora had gone to help Selene. With two people working together, Adrian's injuries would naturally recover faster. This finally let me breathe a sigh of relief.

"What's wrong? Still don't want to tell the truth?"

Michelle gave a cold laugh and raised her right hand. A flame ignited in her palm. It seemed she was growing impatient.

"It was me!"

Nicola suddenly spoke up to answer for me.

"You..."

I looked at Nicola, not knowing what to say. Why was she taking the fall for me?

"What are you doing? Do you want to go with her?"

"Don't listen to her, actually..."

I was about to turn my head and explain to Michelle. But Nicola grabbed me and blocked me, saying,

"You've got it wrong. I would never go with her!"

As she spoke, she also raised her right hand and summoned her Condensation Sword.

"I've decided to fight her! Anyway, we'll have to fight eventually. You shouldn't have stopped me earlier!"

"An angel with only six wings is this hot-tempered? Even Elara was just a brat before me..."

At first, Michelle looked at us wanting to resist with a disdainful expression. But seeing Nicola's Condensation Sword appear, her expression instantly changed greatly.

"That sword of yours..."

"That's right! This is the sword I used to heavily injure Claudia earlier. Now I'll chop up you too, you annoying little brat!"

Nicola didn't want to waste words with her. She directly flew into the air with her sword, swung at the other side.

"You...you're Liana?! Why do you look like this?"