Vol 3/Chapter 79: The Forest Maze

"Is this for real?"

I was shocked. The high-level magic I had cast to save Elara had turned into naught?

Although I didn't expect it to severely injure Michelle, at least hit and show some effects right?

To be honest, since Michelle no longer had any angelic aura on her twelve wings, I wanted to see if she still had immunity against energy attacks.

"Feliciana! I thought you were alright, and was even thinking of recruiting you... But now it seems I can't let you off!"

Michelle stared at me fiercely after my sure-kill attack was interrupted.

"Uh... Why don't you reconsider?"

I didn't expect myself to be so highly regarded in her eyes. After all, even someone as important as Meg had been persuaded by Jeanette. I suddenly realized that joining the Fire God's side might not be so bad after all.

"You..."

Michelle opened her mouth, but before she could say anything, a dirty and dishevelled two-winged angel suddenly rushed in between us, shouting.

"Norma! Where are you, Norma!"

"Who are you?"

I looked at her up and down. She seemed very familiar, but with all that mud and blood on her face, I couldn't recognize her at all.

"Feliciana?"

Upon hearing me speak, she recognized me instead, and immediately flew over to shake me violently.

"Tell me, did something happen to Norma? Just now when I was fighting monsters nearby, I met Gwen and the others. They said Norma had been killed by a red-haired angel who looks just like me!"

"You are Cyra? Why do you look like this?"

Through her words, I finally recognized who she was. I didn't expect her to show up at a time like this! I could only nod and reply:

"Yes, it's true. Norma was indeed killed! The murderer is that red-winged angel fighting Elara up in the sky..."

I was also very sad about Norma's death. But Cyra didn't give me much time to grieve. This fool went boldly forward, pulling out a long sword and charging straight at Michelle.

"You dare to kill Norma, I will fight you for her revenge!"

"You idiot! Do you want to die?"

Seeing this, I rushed forward and grabbed her back. But Cyra was still stubborn even after I held onto her clothes. She even threw the long sword at Michelle.

At that moment, two things happened at the same time:

First: Elara, who I had just saved, took the chance to sneak attack Michelle while she was distracted.

Second: Just as Michelle barely blocked Elara's attack, the surroundings abruptly changed, as if a switch had been flipped. The sky instantly reverted to Edenmere's endless light.

"How is this so fast? Could it be..."

Michelle looked up in disbelief. With the two sudden developments hitting her at once, her attention was completely drawn away. She no longer had any energy left to care about anything else.

This included Cyra's long sword that was spinning and flying haphazardly towards her...

And so, against all odds, the sword sliced past the unguarded Michelle, leaving a tiny cut on her cheek.