Vol 3/ Chapter 83 - Ayshu

I'm currently sitting on a huge branch of the Hometree. Below me is the edge of the island. I can see many boats docked around the island's shore - these are probably the transportation for the Light Elves going in and out of the island.

Despite it being just a tree, at least over a hundred people are living in this tribe, so I can see Light Elves of all ages, both male and female, passing by above and below me. It feels quite novel.

Looking at the peaceful scenery before me, I'm suddenly reminded of the scene I saw in Edenmere City previously. Despite the two places not being very far apart, they seem like two different worlds, which makes one sigh with feeling.

"Angel Lady, is it true Edenmere city got invaded by monsters?"

Just then an elderly Light Elf woman hurriedly ran up to me and asked.

"Ah? Yes."

I was just sitting on a tree branch outside the door spacing out, didn't expect a Light Elf to specially come and ask me this question. Feeling puzzled, I added:

"Do you have something worrying? We didn't come to conscript troops..."

"No! I want to ask about a Light Elf, my son. He should be training swordplay in the city now..."

Hearing that, I immediately understood. She's here for her loved one. But there are many Light Elves in Edenmere city, at least a few dozen if not over a hundred. It would be useless even if she gave the name.

"His name is Ayshu. Do you happen to know him? And if you do, do you know of his current situation?"

"Of course n... huh?"

Speaking of which, this name does seem a bit familiar! Thinking carefully, isn't he the male Light Elf that Nicola fought in the swordplay competition? Can't help but correct myself:

"Uh, alright! I have heard of him, but I don't know about his situation under the monster invasion. Sorry, I'm afraid I can't be of much help."

"I see. Thank you, sorry to disturb..."

Hearing my reply, she seemed somewhat disappointed and didn't say anything more before leaving.

"The Ayshu family only migrated into Edenmere from outside about ten years ago..."

Not long after the woman left, the voice of the Elf Chief sounded from behind me, saying:

"You're done over there?"

Seeing him, I naturally asked about the matter of greatest concern first.

"So fast, how's Cyra?"

"Of course no issues, she'll wake up soon. Only that during the time before the cut heals, she has to keep the wing wrapped with bandages and change them periodically, which is a bit troublesome."

Quite professional! Aligns with my knowledge of medical practices in this world. The main difference is that primitive medical methods are rarely used here due to the existence of healing magic.

"I'm clear about this part, don't worry!"

I nodded, just about to go into the room to see Cyra, when I suddenly recalled what he mentioned earlier, and couldn't help but turn back to ask:

"That Ayshu... is there anything special about him?"

"Oh, nothing special. Just that his family has always been a single-parent household. It's said his father was once a powerful warrior, a rare combat and swordsmanship specialist among the generally frail Light Elf race. Unfortunately, he later encountered powerful monsters and got dark corrupted into a Dark Elf..."