Vol 3/ Chapter 93 - Rescue Operation (Part 1)

Elara was now standing on a high platform built beside the training grounds, assigning tasks one by one.

"According to intelligence, the terrain where the rescue target is located is a circular lake area. Shirley of the Fifth Legion, after the outlet to the outside world is open, you are responsible for reconnaissance ahead! Then disperse to the edges of the outer lake area to stand guard, and eliminate any approaching monsters! And I will personally lead the 'Rescue Legion' to carry out the rescue operation. As for the First Legion, you will stay in the city to defend until we return!"

"Yes!"

A loud and uniform response came from the First Legion and Fifth Legion, while the Rescue Legion, which was cobbled together in a short time, responded sporadically and unevenly.

"Let's start now!"

Satisfied with a nod, a golden magic circle suddenly appeared under Elara's feet.

At the same time, a huge golden magic circle also appeared in the sky overhead, spinning constantly, resonating with the magic circle on the high platform.

I had seen this magic circle before, it was the external space teleportation array I saw when I first entered Edenmere. Only now it had been moved by Elara over our heads.

On the way from the dungeon, we had already learned how to get to the Dark Continent - using this external space teleportation array to open the outlet to the Dark Continent, going directly to the lake where Reed and the others were located above.

It is said that since the summoning of the Angel Descending Formation, this space teleportation array has been fixed in the sky above the Astral Realm Kingdom. Because moving the outlet position is quite troublesome, each time the magic circle needs to be redrawn according to the orientation of the inlet and outlet, which is the golden magic circle under Elara's feet now, it took so long to prepare.

"Don't you think it feels very oppressive?"

Cyra stared at the huge magic circle overhead and exclaimed in astonishment with her imagination running wild.

"What if this magic circle falls and crushes someone to death?"

"The magic circle overhead is just an illusion, the control magic circle under Elara's feet is the real magic circle. "

Mia was also standing behind us at this time. She looked up at it and immediately explained the principle. As expected of someone in this profession, professional!

As she said, the control magic circle and the illusory magic circle were now rotating in sync. It felt like decoding an old rotating combination lock, checking the scales one by one. Finally, both magic circles stopped at the same time, shining brightly, indicating that the outlet was opened.

"Fifth Legion, move out!"

Following Legion Commander Shirley's order, all the angels of the Fifth Legion immediately rose into the air and surrounded the center of the illusory magic circle. Then a six-winged angel went in first and disappeared instantly.

"Reconnaissance reports no enemy near the outlet."

The first to react was not Legion Commander Shirley, but Elara still standing on the high platform. She said and hurriedly gave us instructions.

"Just as the outlet opened, the rescue target asked for help saying a large number of monsters are gathering at the edge of the lake area, ready to attack at any time. So your actions must be quick!"

Following her order, Shirley waved her hand, and all the angels of the Fifth Legion orderly dove one by one into the center of the magic circle, leaving Edenmere.