Injured

"Beastmen are creatures of darkness, and are mortal enemies of our Astralrealm Kingdom."

"Then how could there be a city of theirs here? We couldn't have flown that far."

I yelled out. The dragonfly-like monster behind me actually sprayed out an electric beam of light to attack me. Luckily its aim wasn't great and they all just barely grazed past me.

"I don't know either. Even if you flew north from the beginning you shouldn't have crossed the border."

Selene was about as freaked out as I was now, neither of us had any clue what was going on.

"Could it be that they smuggled this city in illegally?"

I couldn't think of any other way to explain this situation. Anyway, weird stuff had already happened today.

"Are you kidding me right now? Ah!--What are you doing!"

I suddenly made a sharp turn and Selene screamed in fright. My arm that was holding her was gripped tightly in her hands, squeezed painfully.

"Hold on tight, there are still enemies behind us!"

I yelled loudly. Actually, because of the thick clouds, I couldn't see anything clearly in the sky. I was barely sensing the general location of the few monsters behind us by detecting traces of dark elemental energy.

But not being able to see them was still uncomfortable. In order to dodge attacks I was flying in S-shaped zig zags, but that slowed down our speed. I felt the pursuers getting closer and closer, about to catch us!

"Hurry and think of something! Can you attack them? I'm about to get hit!"

I mustered my energy and dashed through the cloud layer back above the clouds. The monsters chasing us flew up too. With the moonlight I could finally clearly see their locations.

"These magical beasts are called Face Flies. You can't outfly them."

Selene looked back and immediately recognized what was chasing us. She casually threw a few Holy Light bombs too but of course couldn't hit them.

"Try attacking them with Purification!"

Seeing that the attacks had no effect, Selene quickly instructed me.

"Huh? What did you say? Isn't Purification used for healing people?"

I thought I had misheard her so I asked again to confirm.

"Face Flies and Beastmen are creatures of darkness, they greatly fear the light element, so the effects of Purification to them would be like a curse poison."

"Then I'll try it!"

Then I shot out Purification at the Face Fly behind us.

A ball of light shot out from my hand, looking a lot like Selene's light bullets. But differently, it would actually turn corners, attracted like magnets of opposite polarities. Even if the opponent tried to dodge to the side early it would still accurately hit its target without fail.

It didn't have the gorgeous effects when purifying a human. Like that previous time when my magic power was insufficient causing it to fail, the light sphere directly entered the opponent's body.

"Screech----"

The struck Face Fly made an extremely painful cry. Its flying speed drastically dropped as it tumbled back down into the cloud layer.

I felt like I didn't actually deal physical damage to it, but I didn't expect the effect to be so strong.

"Hit it again!"