Vol 3/ Chapter 88: The Captive

"We shouldn't delay any longer. Reed and the others are in danger. When do we set off?"

Cyra was raring to go.

"Don't rush ahead. This is not so simple!"

I glanced at her and quickly asked Elara,

"The key is, how can our rescue team get to the Dark Continent?"

Given the current situation, going through the space swap was not going to work. Not only was it uncertain whether we could contact Reed who could operate the device, but even if we did exchange back to the Dark Continent, Reed and the others would simultaneously switch back here. Then the rescuers would be left on the Dark Continent side.

"I have my solutions for this problem. You'll know in due time. But it requires some preparation. I'm already urging my team to speed things up."

Elara left us hanging, paused for a moment, then continued speaking to me,

"In the meantime, I'm also gathering hands from among the survivors. After all, we're going to the Dark Continent for a rescue, so we have to be fully prepared. But Edenmere has just gone through a great disaster, and there are not many combatants left. So you and Nicola will probably need to come along too."

"Of course, not to mention this concerns rescuing Reed, we're duty-bound to go!"

Nicola and I agreed without hesitation. But the other party suddenly glanced at Cyra by my side and arranged with a frown,

"As for Cyra, you can't even fly now, so be good and stay in the city to recuperate!"

"I want to rescue Reed myself!"

Cyra hesitated for a moment, uncharacteristically mustering the courage to oppose Elara's decision.

"Although I only have two wings now, I can cast intermediate magic. That's also very powerful against monsters."

"But it'll be difficult since you can't fly..." I couldn't help but advise.

It was clear she was quite enthusiastic about the rescue, understandably since it concerned Reed's safety. But at the same time, it was clear this expedition was no child's play. Going to the Dark Continent with injured wings was pure suicide.

"It's alright, I can carry you and fly together!"

Nicola probably also felt moved by her enthusiasm and unexpectedly chimed in with nonsense.

"No way? Even if you're strong, carrying someone and..."

I still felt it inappropriate, but Nicola cut off the rest of my words and made a firm decision.

"That's settled then! You guys know ordinary monsters are no match for me now, especially after mastering my new moves. I feel much stronger. Maybe one hand will be enough!"

"I know you're all anxious to rescue Reed. I'm equally anxious too. But before the preparations are complete, none of us have any solutions. Let's wait patiently for now..."

Seeing our state, Elara helplessly placated us. She didn't insist further on Cyra's participation. Then she stood up and walked to the door.

"Speaking of which, there's another matter I need Nicola's help. Perhaps you all can lend a hand too. So come with me!"

"What matter?"

I was puzzled by her words. Elara led us out of the office and walked down the corridor. After reaching the stairs that had gone unused for millennia, she went down several floors and came directly to the basement.