Vol 3/Chapter 65 - The Amazing Switch

How could Michelle just die like that?

Future Nicola's words should not be wrong if no observers appeared. Could she have remembered wrongly? But that's unlikely...

Of course, there's another possibility - the future has changed. But that raises more questions and doubts about future Nicola's credibility. After all, she implied that everything that happened during that time travel was predetermined and unchangeable without observers.

Suddenly I thought of many things, but Elara looked puzzled by my reaction.

"Don't you think it's good that the Flame God is dead? It's safer for you and Nicola that way."

"nothing."

I quickly explained, afraid she might misunderstand.

"I just...just find it hard to believe Michelle could be killed so easily. After all, she's the Flame God in the demons' eyes. Even if injured, she shouldn't be so defenseless right?"

"Oh? Is that so? What if Michelle's injuries were much more severe than we thought?"

Elara picked up the report again and asked the messenger angel. She wanted to see if there were any inconsistencies.

"Did you investigate the scene? Were there any bodies left?"

"Yes, that's why I rushed back to report... According to later investigations, the target was mutilated beyond recognition due to the attacks. But after research, all agree the body doesn't match an angel's identity and absolutely cannot be an angel..."

"Then what was it?"

I didn't understand. Although Michelle's exact identity was a mystery, I did sense light elements from her before. But that completely disappeared after she unfolded her twelve wings, so it was a stretch to call her an angel.

"It...it seems to be human!"

The messenger angel sounded hesitant, but the next bit of information shocked me even more.

"And a membership card from the Adventurers' Guild with the name Blanche was found among the remains."

"What???!!! How is that possible? How could it be her?"

I was completely stunned. I didn't expect this name to appear. Shouldn't it have been Michelle who was beheaded? How did it become Blanche instead?

"You know this Blanche?"

Elara saw my reaction and curiously asked.

"Yes, she's a 5th-tier human martial fighter. She was with us humans when we were trapped in the Dark Continent. To escape smoothly, she betrayed and sold out her companions, but went the wrong way..."

I had no reason to hide this past event, so I recounted it in full.

"After returning to the Astral Realm Kingdom, I'd forgotten about her, thinking she was still stuck in the Dark Continent. I never imagined she would show up now."

"From your words, could this Blanche have cooperated with the demons since she couldn't return?"

Elara pondered.

"But even cooperating with the demons doesn't explain why she would coincidentally appear where Michelle disappeared right?"

I couldn't figure it out. After waiting so many days without a sign of Michelle, an unrelated outsider showed up instead. What exactly happened?

For the angel legions and us, it seemed like half a month had passed. But for Michelle, the time she experienced should have been instantaneous. There was no chance for her to do anything.