Vol 3/Chapter 71 - Reviewing the Research Results

"Why do you have to drag me into this?" Nicola pointed at herself, seemingly puzzled.

"Because your situation is very special. First, your strength is enough to have a say in front of Elara. And there is also the issue about the Condensation Sword that I want to ask her specifically. Don't you feel the method and origin of making this sword is very strange?"

"Yeah, you're right!" Cyra suddenly thought of something and chimed in.

"Teacher also mentioned in class today that the Condensation Sword doesn't belong to the knowledge transmitted in the Angel's Descent Formation."

"What's Condensation Sword?" Mia looked at us in confusion, completely unaware of what we were talking about.

"Also, Lady Elara won't be in the city tomorrow morning. She's going to attend the comprehensive competition finals of the Martial Arts Tournament and present awards to the top three afterwards."

"The comprehensive competition is that prestigious?" When I heard this, I immediately recalled the scene when I got second place in the magic category. Compared to that, this was like heaven and earth.

"Didn't you get a third place too? Where's your prize?" I asked Nicola. I remembered the prizes for the swordsmanship category were much more generous, but I'd never heard her mention it.

"The magic staff? I don't use magic, so I simply gave it up." Nicola was stunned for a moment before answering.

"What? You gave up the prize? Why so wasteful, you could've given it to me!" I almost jumped up, extremely regretful. Although I didn't know how a magic staff helped with magic casting, it was better than nothing!

"Magic staves are quite useless for angels too. They generally help focus spiritual power when chanting incantations." Reed automatically ignored Cyra who wanted to speak but stopped herself, and continued speaking to Nicola.

"In that case, let's just go directly to the martial arts tournament venue tomorrow."

"I don't have a problem, but didn't you promise that Meg to demonstrate your research results?" Nicola shrugged indifferently.

"Meg the councilor?" I pondered why that name sounded familiar. But Mia next to me suddenly explained and helped me remember.

"Although Lady Elara's protection allowed the accident at the library last time to pass uneventfully, Councilor Yvonne's conservative faction still tries hard to find loopholes to suppress us. Therefore, to counter their groundless accusations about the purpose of the experiment, Reed has agreed to demonstrate the research results in person at the Tivi Palace tomorrow. And Councilor Meg, as a neutral elder, is the adjudicator approved by Lady Elara."

"Ah I see...that Meg!" After hearing the explanation, I suddenly understood. Wasn't she the ten-winged angel who had argued with Yvonne during the welcome banquet last time? Although it had been a long time and I didn't remember clearly, putting those two together instantly jogged my memory.

"There's no rush for this matter. We can still talk after seeing Elara tomorrow." Reed didn't seem to care as she sat back behind the pile of books and started reading again.

"But is it okay to show the hydrogen bomb to those higher-ups?" I suddenly felt something was wrong. This thing was extremely dangerous. If those people like Yvonne found out we were secretly conducting nuclear experiments that could blow up the entire city, wouldn't we be slapped with a treason charge right away?

"You're overthinking. Do you think they even know what a hydrogen bomb is?" Nicola suddenly leaned in and whispered in my ear.

"Those people don't even understand what atoms and molecules are, how could they comprehend technical terms like nuclear fusion? Reed and I just need to demonstrate a bit of the combustible properties of hydrogen or oxygen gas, then say the purpose of the magic circle is to obtain those two gases. They haven't seen these, so they can only believe us!"