Summary

"So you actually infiltrated this city without being discovered?" Selene couldn't help asking.

"We probably weren't directly seen," Adrian recalled what had happened earlier.

"But we killed a cave dweller by the pit, if its corpse was found it would definitely raise alerts. They probably aren't clear if we were transported over or not."

"How long have you been here?" I asked curiously, seeing how familiar he was with the area, it seemed like more than just a day or two.

"About a week probably," Adrian said helplessly. "After we arrived, through various investigations, we found out the locals call this place Val City."

"At first we wanted to find a chance to get close to that spatial hole, to find a way back. But there were never any more spatial exchanges there afterwards, and the number of beasts in the pit lessened a lot too. We thought the other side had given up on transporting things over. Until we discovered all of you..."

"Yes, it looks like they were suspecting someone was infiltrating, but they didn't give up. They probably just changed locations, otherwise we wouldn't have ended up here either," I nodded and said feelingly.

"Have you made contact with the dark creatures here too?"

"Yes, these magic beasts are generally only sensitive to light and dark elements. Our bodies basically have no light elemental traces, so with some minor disguises we won't be found out," Blanche generously shared with me the experience she'd gained mixing in this city. I secretly frowned to myself, this experience was basically useless to me as an angel.

"If it wasn't for your appearance, I'd have thought I'd be stuck here forever," Eleanora suddenly chimed in. Her words said 'we' but her eyes were full of hope staring at me, seeming to have great expectations that I would save everyone and escape this place.

But how was that possible, even though we came, we were just two more victims. Thinking that we might even drag them down, I felt extremely awkward.

"Alright, let's summarize," Alfreed suddenly spoke up. Everyone immediately stopped their chaotic discussion and quietly listened to him start analyzing.

"Based on our experiences and Miss Feliciana's descriptions, we guess the other side has some kind of two-way spatial positioning device. Its effect exchanges space between the Dark Continent and the Astralrealm Kingdom, transporting beasts over. This kind of device should be a pair, one on each side to locate space. The controlling one should be on the Dark Continent side."

"The Kingdom side device should be small, carried by beasts mainly for positioning. The size of this side's device isn't clear since there are control parts, it's estimated to be bigger. But it should still be movable."

"The Kingdom side device seems to move to Tethys town now. There's something strange about the Kingdom side device's current position..." Saying this, Alfreed suddenly lowered his head with a confused expression, seeming to have encountered something difficult to explain.

"Previously in the Kingdom, we encountered beasts appearing then immediately transferring to the next spot within a day, hard to track and encircle. But from when the church got reports to when Miss Feliciana left town, several days passed. And during this time there were at least two spatial exchanges in that original location. Could the beast carrying the device stay there?"

"No, it might be dead," I suddenly recalled a key piece of information I hadn't shared earlier. At the time I didn't know what happened so thought it was unrelated to us being moved here. But it seems very relevant now.

"You mean the incident of Cain killing the beast?" Selene also noticed and uncertainly asked me.

"Very likely! The beast he killed very possibly carried the spatial positioning device!"