Vol 3/Chapter 52: The New Secret Move

"Haha, it's your turn now. You gotta win this!"

Cyra stood up excitedly and cheered loudly for Nicola.

"Don't you think her opponent seems a bit special?"

I reminded her. The opponent's name sounded obviously like a male name, but all angels are female. Their names are usually more feminine. So the only possibility is...

"A light elf!"

Seeing the male light elf following Nicola onto the stage, I exclaimed in surprise.

"Aren't light elves usually quite weak? How dare he challenge Nicola?"

"It's not about daring to challenge. The opponents in martial arts events are decided by the number drawn..."

I shook my head. Although this light elf dared to sign up for the Martial Arts Tournament filled with strong contenders, it indirectly proved that his strength must be quite good.

"I don't know the combat power of light elves. I only know their talents are far below those of angels. Compared to using weapons, they are more adept at magic. But I dare not hastily conclude. After all, even humans have experts above level 7..."

"Level 7?"

Hearing my words, Cyra turned back in surprise. Although we had learned about strength levels in class, she still didn't know how strong human experts could be.

"That powerful? Then they're almost on par with ten-winged angels?"

"Well, as far as I know, the gaps in high levels are quite huge, with many sub-levels. So it's hard to determine who is stronger..."

I scratched my nose, a bit stumped on how to answer.

"But it's said that humans' talents are below those of light elves, at least in magic. That's for sure."

"So this male light elf swordsman could be even stronger than Nicola..."

Cyra looked at the stage. Just as she finished speaking, the match had already begun.

"Wow, so fierce!"

I saw that light elf named Ayshu instantly rush at Nicola with his sword, moving so fast even I could barely see clearly, let alone Cyra.

With a "dang", their swords clashed. Caught off guard, Nicola somehow luckily blocked his slash with her sword. But she was also forced back several steps, looking extremely dishevelled. Fortunately, she took this chance to pull back some distance. Her opponent didn't immediately pursue.

"Be careful, this light elf is very strong. His level can't be low!"

I breathed a sigh of relief and hurriedly shouted for Nicola to focus.

"That Ayshu should be at least 6th level right? His strength is almost on par with eight-winged angels. Nicola will have a hard time dealing with him."

A voice suddenly sounded from behind me. I looked back to see that it was Aetina, who I couldn't find anywhere this morning. I didn't know when she had also come to watch the match.

"Weren't you going to be a substitute referee? Why aren't you on stage but down here instead?"

Seeing this, I asked puzzledly. If she was free now, I figured I could still find time in the afternoon to learn some advanced magic from her. It wouldn't be too late.

"I did substitute for a referee this morning, that's right. Because of the lack of light element in the city now, she accidentally overslept. She just rushed over. So I'm done with that now..."