Vol 3/Chapter 9: Soul

"So what exactly is going on with me? Is it really because two souls are sharing one body?" I asked helplessly.

I knew Elara was explaining things in such detail to Cyra in part to inform Nicola and me as well. But no matter how airtight the theory sounds, the facts are laid out before us already, which means there must be some unknown loopholes.

"I dare not make a definitive judgment on this issue because the scene you described earlier does seem a lot like two souls sharing one body..." Elara thought carefully for a while before speaking.

"But I can affirm your body has no issues. So the only possibility lies with the soul - whether it's multiple souls sharing one body, or due to other unknown reasons, it should not deviate from the soul's scope."

"Soul?"

At first thought, there really could be such a possibility. Our souls transmigrated over so they don't belong to this world. Unforeseeable things could happen.

"It's said that aside from the body, the soul can also influence elemental affinity to a certain extent."

Elara spoke uncertainly.

"In our long angel history, there were occasionally one or two angels who could use non-light elemental magic. But unlike you, their wing colors never changed, and their magic power was very weak."

"But I can't even use water magic..."

Speaking of magic, I felt somewhat amused.

"Up till now, the only magic I can use is Purify, oh and I picked up Light Puppet earlier. Only these two, all light-based!"

"Are you sure you can't use it? Or have you never sensed the water element?"

Hearing my words, Elara looked at me strangely and said.

"Generally, being able to sense an element means having the corresponding affinity. Naturally, you can then cast magic smoothly."

"How is that possible! I've never sensed it before..."

I was about to deny it outright when I suddenly realized something was off. I promptly shut my mouth.

That's right, I did feel the water element more than once. But I always thought it was as it should be like the light element. I never paid it any mind or thought to learn water magic.

"I'm not so sure now..."

Thinking of this, I was no longer so certain.

"Then you can try going to learn water elemental magic and see."

Seeing my reaction, Elara heaved a sigh of relief, revealing an expression of

"Thankfully not freakishly inexplicable."

"Generally, only light elemental magic books are kept in Edenmere, and there are no angels who can teach you. So you'll have to find an opportunity out in the external world."

"Which is to say, to get to the bottom of what's going on with my soul, I still have to go learn water magic?"

Hearing that, I was dumbfounded. Why is the process so convoluted? I had enough trouble trying to learn light magic earlier. Although water magic books are much cheaper, can't freeload magic in Edenmere. It really feels like I'm losing out.

"Actually us angels don't have much research on the soul. But the mage scholars in the High Tower Sage Council who like pursuing truths probably understand more. So if you want to figure out your soul issue, best to directly ask those sages. And there are plenty of water mages in the Council too."