Vol 3/Chapter 18: Self Created Magic

"Reed, I heard you created your own magic spell. Would you like to show us?" Nicola suddenly asked as the dinner was winding down.

"No!" As expected, Reed decisively rejected her request.

"I'm busy! I still have a lot to do. I need to go back to the library to read books."

Nicola didn't seem discouraged and tried again, "Or how about we spar for a bit?"

"I heard from Cyra that although you only have two wings, your strength is quite formidable that even she can't beat you. And now I have six wings, so I should be able to match you, right?"

"The strength of six wings is decent..." After all, it was two whole ranks higher. Reed had to admit Nicola had a point and her tone softened a little.

"But in Edenmere, angels with six wings are not hard to find. Your conditions don't seem to be enough..."

"What do you mean?" Nicola leaned back slightly, seeming to understand what Reed meant.

"That's right. Like I said earlier, I want to research that sword you have for a few days. That should be fine, right?" Reed didn't hesitate to make her demand again.

"No way!" Nicola rejected it without a thought. The secrets hidden within the Condensation Sword were too many, even herself didn't fully understand them. Moreover, it involved time. Even if Reed was a genius, Nicola worried something may go wrong during research.

"It doesn't have to be the sword..." Seeing Nicola's firm refusal, Reed was taken aback. Nicola made the sword, yet she was guarding it so closely. But Reed didn't want to obsess over it and made another request, "Then you'll have to voluntarily assist me in my research for a few days. That should be acceptable, right?"

As expected, it was the same request. She had mentioned it earlier in the library too, but Nicola skirted past it then. Bringing up the old request now and using her self-created magic as leverage.

"You won't dissect me for research, right?" Although Reed was a classmate, Nicola still couldn't fully trust her and cautiously asked.

"Of course not! I'm not a medical researcher. I'm just curious why you're an angel yet can control the wind element." Reed explained matter-of-factly. As expected of the aloof girl, if I were doubted like this, I would surely loudly protest.

"So does that mean if you were a medical researcher, you might dissect me?" Hearing that, Nicola didn't feel relieved at all but even more apprehensive.

"You're deliberately exaggerating. I don't want to dwell on such meaningless talk." Reed focused on her food and soup after saying that, indicating she would ignore such talk.

"I... " Nicola let out an embarrassed laugh, momentarily forgetting Reed's personality wouldn't entertain such joking around. Nicola decided to be serious again and asked, "Then tell me, why do you want to research me? What exactly do you want me to do?"

"You already have six wings, don't you know some basic common sense of this world?" Reed asked seriously.

"Since you can control an element, that means you can sense it and use corresponding elemental magic. That is called elemental affinity. And now as an angel, you being able to control the wind element is very abnormal. Normally, you shouldn't be able to have wind elemental affinity at all."

"Oh right! Lady Elara was just talking about related stuff earlier!" Cyra suddenly recalled, slapping her thigh.

"But that was about Feliciana, suspecting she has water elemental affinity because her wings turned blue. And it likely has to do with our souls that crossed over!"