Vol 4/Chapter 1 - VIP Treatment

Right now I'm standing at the top plaza of Norvale royal city.

Truthfully, I've been here more than once before, but those times were all in the dead of night when I snuck up here without anyone noticing.

Today is different. Since it's daytime, Nicola and I openly landed here for the first time. Of course, we weren't the only ones in the sky. Behind us was a huge group of gryphon knights as well.

They are the aerial forces that protect the royal city's airspace. They noticed us when we flew in from outside the city.

We actually expected that openly flying into the city in broad daylight might get us discovered. But Cyra's wings were injured so she couldn't hide them, so sneaking in through the city gates wouldn't work either.

No choice, the only option left was to barge right in.

Luckily, because we are angel, the soldiers didn't make us trouble. They just followed behind all the way until we landed.

"I am the steward of the royal city. May I ask, honored angel ladies, why have you come here..."

We had just landed when several lavishly dressed humans came out from a building at the edge of the plaza. When the one walking in front saw Cyra in my arms, he froze for a second.

"My apologies, three honored angels!"

"We've come seeking help. My friend's wings are injured. I heard water magic is needed to heal them."

Nicola pointed at Cyra's half-missing wing and explained.

"I see, a small matter!"

After listening, the other party immediately understood. He shifted his body to one side, making an inviting gesture.

"Please follow me inside. I will arrange for a royal mage to see you right away."

"Elara was right after all. The Astralrealm Kingdom's attitude toward angels really is very friendly..."

I breathed a sigh of relief, feeling somewhat fortunate as I said to Nicola.

"If we had known earlier, the first time we came to the city we could've openly revealed our identities. Maybe we wouldn't have had to go through so much trouble."

Nicola also marveled endlessly, recalling our "hard times" squeezing together in that rented room.

As for Cyra, ever since entering the capital, she had been looking around nonstop the whole time. She didn't even have time to pay attention to us.

"The human world really is so much more interesting! After my wings are healed, let's go wander the downtown first. This place is way livelier than Edenmere!"

Looks like she could barely restrain her excitement already.

No wonder, being cooped up in Edenmere for over a month, it's understandable.

"Honored guests..."

Just as we were about to go inside, we saw the steward whisper something to a maid beside him.

"What perfect timing. A high level mage from the Astralrealm military happens to be visiting the city today. Her water magic skills are exceptional. Shall I arrange for her to treat you?"

After listening, the steward immediately turned back to suggest this to us.

"Uh, wouldn't that be too much trouble for her..."

A high level military mage coming to the capital must be busy with affairs. Asking her to come heal Cyra's wings might be too much.

"It would be our honor for the chance to treat an honored angel. Of course, if you do not prefer it, there are other royal mages you may choose from as well."

The steward courteously replied.

"Oh? We can choose whoever we want?"

I was pleasantly surprised. We even got to pick our "doctor" freely! Their service really is too considerate!

"Then let's go with the military mage!"

Cyra didn't hesitate at all. Seeing me dragging my feet, she immediately chose for us.

I knew she just wanted to hurry and get treated so she could go play in the city.

"Please come inside!"

Hearing this, the steward made another inviting gesture, looking so enthusiastic I wondered for a moment if we had wandered into some kind of "royal" service establishment by mistake.

"Wow, angels get treated so nicely out here?"

We sat in a lavish room, waiting for the high level mage to arrive. Not only were we on comfortable lounge chairs, the table was covered with snacks and treats, and there was a fancy large bed for us to rest on. The treatment was absolutely luxurious. As for Cyra, her mouth was already stuffed full of food, unable to speak clearly.

"I figured we'd have to see the king first before they decided anything! Looks like this kind of thing has happened before already."

Nicola and I also sampled some of the snacks. As expected of royal delicacies, the taste was great!

Come to think of it, we hadn't eaten anything in Edenmere for a long time. Now that we were back in the outside world, angels also needed food without replenishing light elements. This was a perfect chance to fill our stomachs.

"Hey! I grabbed that first!"

"So what if you grabbed it first? In this world, might makes right, so I get to eat it first!"

Before long, the plate was licked clean. Cyra and Nicola actually fought over the last cookie. No need to guess, the clueless wingless angel unsurprisingly got pressed down on the bed again.

"Sixth order water mage of the royal military, at your service!"

Right at that moment, the room door was pushed open from outside, and a figure stood in the entrance announcing loudly.

"Oh, sorry for disturbing! Please continue!"

But seeing Nicola and Cyra tangled up rolling on the bed, the person seemed to misunderstand something. She immediately exited and closed the door again.

"Huh, who was that just now?"

I turned my head staring at the doorway, still not reacting, when I saw the door that had just closed get pushed open again a crack. A familiar girl's head poked in through the gap.

"Feliciana?"

"Eleanora!"

No wonder she looked so familiar! Turns out it was an acquaintance...

With Eleanora's help, I was very assured. Cyra's half-missing wing regrew in less than five minutes under the powerful water magic. The results were immediate!

"Congratulations, we haven't seen each other for just months, yet you've already advanced to sixth order."

With the urgent matter settled, we naturally chatted with Eleanora happily catching up.

"Actually I was close to advancing already before this, so it wasn't that fast."

As always, Eleanora was somewhat modest. After speaking, she looked again at Cyra carefully inspecting her own wings, seemingly a bit wary.

"Also, I've been wanting to ask for a while, who exactly is she?"