Vol 3/Chapter 82: Broken Wings

"We're here, right above you."

I had been worriedly staring at the ground the whole way here. It wasn't until the chief suddenly turned around and told us that I looked up.

"Ah!"

The moment I raised my head, I came face-to-face with a pair of eyes.

"You can't be serious, it's so close?"

I was shocked by this sight and took a few steps back before realizing it was Cyra. She was hanging upside down from a tree branch just like I had been.

"Hi..."

Cyra waved at me silly, barely managing a smile. She helplessly called out:

"You're finally here, hurry and get me down!"

"Are you okay?"

How could she be so lucky? To fall right into the Light Elf village we had been to before. No matter how I thought about it, the chances seemed too low!

I looked over Cyra's body. Strangely, she was completely unharmed. Not only were there no burns, but even her clothes were undamaged without a single scorch mark...

"Wait! Those aren't the clothes you were wearing before?"

I suddenly realized something was off. Before Cyra threw the nuclear bomb, she had been wearing the standard angel dress. But now she was dressed in normal resident clothing from this Light Elf village.

Did the Light Elves help change her? But her whole body except her head was wrapped up in branches. If they could dress her, why didn't they just rescue her down first?

"This angel lady's circumstances are quite special. It's not her first time hanging in a tree..."

A young female Light Elf quickly explained:

"The first time we found her, she was in a tree on a nearby hill. Back then, she was completely naked with burns all over. But after we brought her back and treated her, she impatiently wanted to leave again, not heeding our advice. She tried to secretly escape but had barely flown up before crashing into the top of a home tree.

"Because she was stuck so high up this time, we hadn't figured out how to rescue her yet when you and Lady Elara arrived..."

"I didn't have a choice!"

Upon hearing this, Cyra also spoke up:

"How was I supposed to know the 'Heal' spell doesn't fully cure an angel's wings? It only healed my body. To find you sooner, I tried flying with injury, and... and you see the result..."

So there were some processes in between, not as simple as I imagined.

"Your wings were injured yet you still dared to scurry around? Aren't you afraid of pain?"

I recalled how it had felt when my wings were hurt. I couldn't even stand steadily. Yet Cyra looked completely fine?!

"That's because we used the light spell 'Sedation' during treatment earlier to numb the pain, but it didn't have any therapeutic effect to heal the wounds..."

The young female Light Elf cut in to explain, clearly also finding Cyra quite troublesome.

"But Lady Cyra thought she was fine as long as she didn't feel pain. She disregarded our advice and forcibly tried to fly up, worsening her injuries."

"An angel's wings don't have the same defensive power as their body due to their uniqueness. Even the 'Heal' spell developed for angels has little effect on them. To completely cure wings, water-type healing magic is needed. Otherwise, they can only slowly heal on their own."