Vol 2/Chapter 60: Jealousy

On the last night in the capital, I still vividly remember how she lost composure and got drunk. I really can't imagine someone like that would eventually get married.

Wait! Calm down...Am I misunderstanding something?

Getting married doesn't necessarily mean it's with a man. What if she married another woman? Although it's still unclear whether this world would tolerate same-sex marriages, going against norms a little may not be completely impossible.

And wearing a ring on the ring finger doesn't mean she's married either. What if Nicola just doesn't know how to wear rings properly, or doesn't care about their meaning at all?

But how do I explain those books then...

Just as my mind was swirling in the wind with endless wild guesses, Nicola saw my expression and couldn't help asking me.

"So, what's inside?"

"Noth...nothing! Cannot see!"

I quickly stuffed the parenting guidebook into the ring and pretended I didn't discover anything.

"Your reaction..."

Nicola frowned, seemingly puzzled by my strange look at her.

"Oh I see!"

She then appeared to have a realization, gave an awkward smile and scratched her head.

"Looks like my future self is really capable, even bringing me this kind of bonus. Don't know where she got it from, indeed not very suitable to take out here..."

Glancing around at Selene and Eleanora with us, she moved closer to my ear and whispered.

"Remember to pass me those erotic books after we get back."

"Haha...okay..."

I forced out a smile watching her misunderstand. My mouth corner was almost numb from twitching.

Don't know what her reaction would be if she knew the truth. She might run off somewhere again to get dead drunk.

Moreover, the future Nicola said our future became uncertain with the observer. That doesn't mean the current Nicola would definitely get married and have children. So letting her know now may not be a good thing.

But there is no observer this time. So the current Nicola is destined to return to this point in the future. Then everything that just happened, including the ring's position and contents, should also be set...

Thinking of this is somehow headache-inducing...

To avoid complications, I decided not to tell Nicola that I discovered her future married and possibly bearing children.

As for the ring's contents, I'd better find a chance to toss them...

So who exactly is that observer, when will he appear? Is it the "him" mentioned earlier?

"They woke up!"

Just as I was still wracking my brains over Nicola's future, Eleanora suddenly alerted everyone.

"Huh?"

I turned to look. Adrian and Alfreed were crawling up from the ground, checking their bodies in confusion.

"Adrian!"

Seeing that, I rushed over to his side and asked anxiously,

"Are you okay? Feel uncomfortable anywhere?"