New Member

"Excuse me, Miss Angel, how may I address you?" Selene's tone suddenly became very respectful. "I'm a priest from the True Church. Please forgive my rudeness earlier."

"Huh, are you asking me?" The four-winged angel seemed a bit surprised and hesitated for a long time before answering. "You can call me Nicola."

"Then Miss Nicola, do you know what happened here a few days ago?" Selene directly asked the question that was the purpose of their trip here. Upon hearing this, the others' expressions became serious as well.

"There should have been a great battle between angels and monsters here, like the minotaur we just encountered was from the monster side, but I don't know the specifics either. I had thought all the angels here were killed except for me..." Nicola rubbed her nose and looked over with a wry smile.

"So you participated in the battle?" Adrian keenly caught the implication in her words.

"That's right, I did participate in the battle..." Nicola pondered for a moment before admitting. "But I still don't understand exactly what happened regarding the whole affair."

I was a little disappointed then. I had thought we had finally met another angel who could help resolve my doubts and understand what had happened here. But in the end, she knew nothing about it either.

"Actually, I want to ask you all too - does this little missy angel know anything?" She then suddenly turned the questioning on me.

"You're asking me?"

I was caught off guard, not knowing how I should respond.

"She's lost her memories, so she doesn't know either. That's why she's following us." Brennan answered for me when he saw how flustered I was.

"I see, so the investigation is back to square one then?" She looked thoughtful upon hearing this.

Just then, everyone vaguely heard the roar of a beast from very far away. Nicola immediately flew up halfway to get an overhead view and carefully surveyed the surroundings.

"It seems there may still be other dangers around here." Adrian looked around with solemn eyes. But the four-winged angel flying high overhead could see further away, and that sound also seemed quite distant, so no one was particularly worried.

"Speaking of which, it is suspicious. Feliciana, did you really lose your memories?" Vivianne suddenly leaned in close, staring at me with great suspicion. "That you would hide your identity as an angel without telling us."

"Uh... of course it's true!" I was startled and took a few steps back to explain. "It was just that I had to put away my wings to wear clothes..."

That much was true, I hadn't lied to them about it.

"I believe Feliciana." Adrian very cleverly took my side. "From her reaction when she first arrived on the scene, it seems clear she truly knows nothing about what happened here."

"That's right, and an angel that doesn't even know basic angel knowledge like their death, can only be explained by amnesia." Selene readily agreed with him. "That's the only explanation."

I suddenly felt a little embarrassed to be trusted by them so much.

"Speaking of which, Feliciana, you must be very old right? I heard angels can live almost eternally." Vivianne suddenly thought of a question and said wryly, "Who knows, maybe thousands of years already."

Can angels live that long? I had never considered this question before.

"I don't think I'm that old..."