Finally Going Back

"I see..."

I immediately connected the dots on the previous details. No wonder neither friend nor foe found it strange when I used purification magic without an incantation.

"Speaking of which... have you all never tried directly maneuvering the elements within your bodies according to the laws of magic to cast spells?"

I asked them. Being able to do this would enable one to cast magic without incantations. To me, this seemed very obvious.

Although I was also once human, there was no such thing as magic on Earth. So I was unclear on what the differences in the so-called understanding of magic were.

"What are internal elements? What do you mean by directly maneuvering elements?"

Their replies were beyond my expectations. Seeing their blank looks, I opened and closed my mouth, temporarily at a loss for words.

"Can you all not sense the elements within one another's bodies?"

I looked at Selene, then at Eleanora. I could feel the light and water elements within them. Currently inactive since no magic was being casted, there were no signs of any flow.

Meanwhile, there were practically no elements within the three guys. Hence they had no grasp of magic.

"No..."

Selene and Eleanora exchanged glances and shook their heads.

"What about me? You were able to sense my presence from very far away right?"

I said to Selene and pointed at myself.

"That was only because I sensed the aura of light element on you."

Selene looked me up and down and said helplessly.

"After all, I'm a light magic mage. That's why I can do that. Actually that so-called aura should be a very vague perception, somewhat similar to... smell! Although you can smell a scent and know what thing emits that scent, doing as you said - smelling what motions that scented thing is making, that's impossible."

Selene explained her feelings to me in great detail. So to her, it was just like smelling a smell. Not like how I could feel the concrete forms of elements, even their every move.

"So it seems this is the difference in perception..."

I seemed to understand a little better. Looks like angels can perceive elements much more deeply and concretely than humans. Hence their comprehension regarding the principles of magic is also more thorough.

"Alright, now that you're done discussing, quickly get these two light clusters to leave. Have them go farther away. It'd be best if you could find a mountain cave or corner to hide them in."

Adrian spoke up then. Although he would occasionally use enchanted arrows, he didn't understand magic well and thus hadn't voiced an opinion all this while.

"But why does my conjured doll look the same as Selene's, just a lump?"

Actually, I was quite satisfied with the magic I had cast. The only downside was the appearance - I honestly didn't know what to say.

I also didn't know if it was because I had copied Selene's lightball homework, or if that shape itself needed the caster to sculpt it. If it was the latter, I had zero talent in sculpting or drawing so I probably shouldn't consider it.

"It's fine, this is already very good."

Adrian nodded and affirmed me, then told me and Selene to direct the two light clusters floating away into the distance.