Vol 3/Chapter 29: I Dare Not Sleep Again

How is this possible?

Put aside whether demons can survive in Edenmere, which is full of light elements. Just the teleportation formation I saw when entering Edenmere earlier, Serena had clearly stated that it only allows angels in and out.

Perhaps light elves can be exceptionally permitted as an exception, but demons definitely cannot be on the list. So how did these dark elements appear in Edenmere and evade the perception of so many angels outside? It makes no sense...

I racked my brains but could not figure it out. I couldn't help but suspect that I was still dreaming, but how to confirm that I'm not still in a dream now?

Suddenly I realized that if compared to the realism in that bizarre dream earlier, I have no way to prove this point for the time being.

After all, I don't have that frictionless super tornado gadget from Inception. Surely I can't be asked to jump off the roof without using my wings right? What if I die from the fall...

All I can do is keep pinching myself and splashing water on my face to make myself more awake...

But still no effect at all! Completely useless!

Considering there is no discontinuity in my memories, and so far no other abnormalities have occurred, I should be in reality...probably?

I'd better go find Nicola and ask! I really can't sit still.

Although she's probably still sleeping now, this is a critical matter that needs to be properly confirmed.

"Nicola!"

I knocked forcefully on the door. It took a very long time before Nicola finally opened the door, looking at me with drowsy eyes.

"What are you doing? You're not sleeping yet? It shouldn't be time to wake up yet right?"

Nicola was very unhappy that I woke her up.

Fortunately, it's not the male version of Reilly...

Looking at her messy long hair and attractively tired face, I heaved a long sigh of relief. It seems I'm probably in reality after all! Then I took a big step forward into the dark room and turned off the light isolator.

The room was instantly filled with bright light again. After a while, Nicola began to wake up gradually.

"What's the matter? Can't sleep so you came to chat with me?"

Nicola looked at me blankly, not knowing my intention for the moment, and could only jokingly ask.

"Or did you feel lonely and wanted to come over to sleep with me?"

"Oh stop teasing!"

I waved my hand, in no mood for joking with her. I got straight to the point.

"Listen, I just had a very bizarre dream! I dreamed that..."

I intended to tell her everything, but when I thought about what happened in the dream, I didn't know how to start. Should I just honestly admit that I dreamed of marrying the male version of her? That would be so embarrassing!

"I dreamed you all turned into tape recorders! Repeating the same words over and over..."

Anyway, marriage is not the point. So I skipped those parts and roughly told her about the strangest part of the dream, including what I found after waking up.

"What the heck! Tape recorders?"

It took Nicola a long time to grasp what I meant. She seemed a little incredulous.