Vol 3/Chapter 78 Mission

"Feliciana? I'm glad you're okay!"

Elara was holding a long sword that shone with white light. She was also surprised to see me, but quickly regained her composure and didn't say much more. She then turned her attention back to the pile of rubble below.

"Be careful, Elara. Michelle is down there too!"

I hurriedly warned her, afraid she would be ambushed.

I wondered how Elara was here when she had left early this morning to attend the comprehensive competition.

Looking up at the sky, it was still filled with dark clouds. This meant Edenmere City and the lake of the Dark Continent had not switched back.

"Michelle?"

Hearing my words, Elara glanced at the ruins below in surprise.

"That can't be... How is that possible..."

"Watch out!"

In the next moment, a familiar red beam shot out from the rubble, heading straight for Elara in the air.

Although my warning came too late, the Hephaestus sword that was fired was still barely blocked by Elara at the critical moment.

"Not bad, that weapon of yours!"

Michelle's voice came from the rubble, followed by a huge explosion. Countless stones were blasted into the air as the Fire God's figure finally emerged completely from the ruins.

"Twelve wings, red wings?"

Seeing Michelle's true form, Elara was stunned, though her reaction wasn't as strong as the other angels. She quickly narrowed her eyes and regained her composure.

"And that appearance, this weapon..."

"What, did you mistake me for Cyra again?"

Having been mistaken several times before, Michelle seemed used to it now. She elegantly retrieved her weapon and suddenly recalled something.

"I'm surprised there are still so many ancient angels surviving in Edenmere. So as the clan leader of the angels Elara, you should know who I am, right?"

"If I'm not mistaken, you shouldn't be a creature of darkness?"

Elara's expression was a bit strange. She looked Michelle up and down for a long time before finally answering.

Indeed, in her twelve-wing state, there was no trace of light elements left on Michelle. But similarly, there was no aura of dark elements either, making it hard to define what state she was in now.

"That's it?"

Hearing this, Michelle seemed a bit disappointed. She stretched her arms and asked,

"Why don't you think I'm an angel? Don't I look very similar to an angel, moreover with twelve wings!"

"How dare you! Although I don't know why your wings look so much like an angel's, you absolutely cannot be one, because an angel's wings can only be pure white!"

Elara's expression changed as she angrily pointed at the other party and shouted.

"Besides, if you claim to be an angel, why are you mingling with demons? And even daring to attack my Edenmere sanctuary?"

"Of course, it's to kill you personally!"

With a cruel smile again, Michelle had just finished speaking when she flew straight up and slashed at Elara with her sword.