Vol 3/ Chapter 86: Communication Magic

"That's right!"

Just then, the patrolling angel suddenly seemed to hear something and said to us, "I just received special instructions from Lady Elara. She ordered you to report to her office at the Tivi Palace immediately."

"Special instructions? Where is she? How do you know?"

I was a little confused. There was no one else around, yet the angel reacted as if she was wearing a wireless earpiece.

"It's like this - it's a type of advanced light magic called 'Spiritual Convergence'. It allows direct mental contact with the commander, to report in real-time. It's very helpful for battle deployments. But since it requires high magic power from the commander, it's rarely used in daily life."

The patrolling angel smiled and pointed towards the Tivi Palace, telling us, "For this demon invasion, Lady Elara has cautiously opened her spiritual connection. As long as you learn this magic, you can sense Lady Elara's mental energy through specific fluctuations in light elements. Then you can directly contact her."

"It feels strange, like a group chat!"

I glanced at Cyra, but she didn't understand what I meant. She just kept asking about herself.

"Did Lady Elara mention me?"

"Who are you?"

The angel looked at Cyra in my arms, and the bandaged half of her wings, seemingly hesitant.

"I'm Cyra! Cyra!"

"Never heard of you."

Seeing the patrolling angel shake her head, Cyra immediately drooped her head in disappointment.

"How could this be? I'm the great hero who slew the enemy commander! Without my bombs, Michelle could never have been..."

"Bombs? You mean that earth-shaking massive explosion in the east?"

The angel frowned upon hearing this, seemingly unable to accept it.

"That huge blast damaged many buildings in the city. Even the landing pad of the Palace collapsed. Luckily we're far enough here to avoid casualties. But a nearby community of light elves wasn't so fortunate. They suffered terrible losses, even their ancestral tree was destroyed! Now the entire tribe has been forced to move here."

"Many angels have gone east to investigate the explosion. They found it's become a dead zone, barren and lifeless. And in the center is a huge crater with lava still at the bottom, almost like the legendary Darklands."

"But this is Edenmere!"

The patrolling angel sounded increasingly distraught, after all, Edenmere was the angels' home. To be baptized by a hydrogen bomb was upsetting.

"Not to mention the forests attuned to light elements - it'll take thousands of years for them to recover. Damn! This must be the work of those demons, do you know anything about what happened?"

"No! We don't know anything. The bombs she mentioned have nothing to do with this."

Sensing trouble, I quickly pinched Cyra's back to warn her. I pointed to her broken wing and explained,

"We were also blown away by that explosion, only just managing to return. See, that's how she injured her wing."

"I see... Losing a wing is hard to heal in Edenmere. Quickly take her to rest."

These weren't complete lies. Hearing this, the angel showed a sympathetic expression and kept urging us to go.

"Be more careful in the future! Don't show off recklessly again, do you see the damage your nuclear blast caused?"