class reunion 2

Just as I walked out of the bathroom, I almost bumped into someone.

This person was dressed very strangely. I looked at his face for a long time before I could barely remember his name: "Soren?"

"Flynn! Where have you been, I haven't seen you at all!"

It took me a long time, but he called out my name immediately. I couldn't help feeling a little embarrassed.

"Well...I had to work overtime at the company tonight, so I came a little late and just got here." I had prepared an excuse for being late, so I could easily deal with it.

"But you..."

Looking at Soren's outfit, I suddenly didn't know what to say. If it wasn't for his clothes, I probably wouldn't have taken so long to remember his name.

"Are you wearing...a priest's robe?" I flipped through all the impressions in my mind, and the only thing that could match was the people in those divine assemblyes that I often saw on TV and in movies.

A long black robe that reached his ankles, with a shawl-like garment over his shoulders, and a thick book in his hand. In this outfit, it was difficult to associate him with his high school self. The change was too drastic.

"Did you join that divine assembly?"

"That's exactly what they've all been asking me several times!" Soren looked very proud.

"Of course, I recently passed the trials and became a glorious priest. From now on I will devote my whole life to the great Lord!"

"Congratulations to you then..." It was really unexpected. I used to be quite close with Soren in high school. I remember he really liked anime in high school, and I would sometimes borrow manga from him. I never imagined that this kinda guy would one day embark on a religious path.

Although this priest outfit didn't seem to match him, I still couldn't help twitching at the corners of my mouth. I just couldn't associate him with those devout clergymen. The other classmates who saw him probably thought the same.

"So you wore this to the reunion too?" I still couldn't adapt to Soren's change. It was rare to encounter someone from the divine assembly in daily life, let alone see someone dressed like this. But I just happened to run into it at this high school reunion.

"Not necessarily." He scratched his head. "Mainly because I just attended a requiem mass before coming here. I didn't have time to change."

"I'm talking about you not having casual clothes..."

"How could I! If I don't often wear the clothes bestowed upon me by God, wouldn't that be disrespectful to the Lord!" How scary. I actually saw a hint of fanaticism in his eyes. What had this guy experienced in the past few years?

"Okay, suit yourself." I conceded defeat and didn't want to dwell on it anymore. Just as I was about to leave, Soren grabbed me. "Wait, classmate Flynn! What do you think of our divine assembly? Are you interested in coming to our cathedral sometime to learn more?"

Damn, he's soliciting already? That was fast. Why are you so skilled? I shook my head. Of course I wouldn't be interested in that church of his, so I firmly refused.

"But I feel you have quite some affinity with the Lord. A chance encounter is fate. Our meeting here today is a heavenly arrangement. I can feel your wisdom." Soren was obviously not ready to give up, but what was with this tactic? It clearly felt wrong. Were these the words of the divine assembly?

"No need, go find someone else!" Without hesitation, I shook off his hand and hurried back into the suite's lounge.

"Why not reconsider? Come on~"