Vol 3/Chapter 53: The Overpowered Skill Got Nerfed

The audience of the martial arts tournament exploded into commotion after Nicola's move. Everyone started discussing excitedly.

"Wow, I knew I was right about you - Nicola the Mighty Cheater with Overpowered Hacks and Godly Skills! I almost slipped up in my excitement though..."

Although Cyra didn't understand what happened, that didn't stop her from showering praises on Nicola. Almost went overboard in her passion though.

"So do you still want to fight me?"

Nicola squatted down and smiled at Ayshu who had been frozen in shock on the ground.

"Even if I lower my power, my attacks could still cause more than a new hairdo. You might lose an arm next time! What do you think?"

"I..."

Ayshu touched his head nervously after hearing that. He visibly shuddered.

Clearly, he was not willing, but after considering it for a while, he still chose to admit defeat.

"I lost..."

It was the wisest choice. Although Nicola's swordsmanship was inferior and her abilities were lower, her hacks gave her an unfair advantage!

No need to say more, just randomly firing Wind Slashs, it was impossible to block them with the standard tournament weapons.

"Nicola, are you sure that slashing isn't magic?"

The head judge who had been stunned finally recovered her senses and asked in disbelief. After all, this was a martial arts competition, and using magic would lead to disqualification.

"Are you sure such a light-based spell exists in this world?"

Nicola retorted confidently. Initially, everyone thought she would lose, who could have predicted such an easy win?

"..."

The head judge was rendered speechless. She could only suggest discussing it with the other judges.

"Let's confer on this..."

Following the head judge's request, the four side judges flew up and gathered around her. After much discussion, they finally concluded.

"Nicola wins!"

"How did you do it? That Wind Whatever Slash isn't magic right?"

Aetina couldn't help asking when Nicola returned victoriously.

"It's a new martial arts technique I developed. You can see it as a way to project sword qi outwards."

Nicola explained proudly. At first, everyone assumed she would lose, who could have predicted such an easy win?

"Sword qi?"

Aetina frowned when she heard the unfamiliar term.

"You mean it's not battle qi?"

"Uh..."

Nicola hesitated, seemingly unaware that such a thing as "battle qi" existed in this world. She quickly corrected herself.

"More or less the same, you can just treat it as battle qi."

"But something feels off..."

Aetina was unconvinced, but she couldn't put her finger on the discrepancy despite racking her brains.

"Come to think of it, it does bear some similarities to the weaker wind spells I've seen before. But there are also many differences, especially in power..."